Scammer - Daniel Williams

Candice WB

Daniel Williams contacted my on 17th Dec 2018, previously reported on the scam forum - same story about working on an oil rig, payment to be made by Neteller, wants to surprise cousin.

goodhearted002@gmail.com

+27 062 088 0322 - have reported this number

The only reason why this guy is keeping at it is it has most likely been working well for him.

No other sane explanation.

How dumb do these guys think people are but then again you still get people who buy into this bs story. If you want to dumb you gotta be tough.

The only reason why this guy is keeping at it is it has most likely been working well for him.

No other sane explanation.

Yep, skelms can do this over and over again with little effort, only need one sucker to fall for it and its all worthwhile. 

• 3 weeks later...

These guys are seriously retarded. I can understand scamming someone out of a 10k bike using this technique but I don't know a single person working in the oil industry during this recession who is capable of blowing 120k on a gift for a cousin... who will just love a highly customised niche machine of indefinite sizing. 

Some people are just not street wise .If you advertising on the forums , Fb and any other social media you are aware of these SCAMMERS . There are just so many tell signs in the way they present themselves .I sell  car parts on line and that industry is rife with these guys and they are  in our own country .My son is a paramedic and i have a saying when he goes on the road "Be careful out there and watch your back " he responds by " careful of the dodgy spare part buyers "HAHA I have not been caught yet . 

• 2 years later...

And you're basing this on what?

Was also going to ask this. Can't have a free for all with ratings system. It's going to become a joke.

...but, then I notice the seller dropped the "Daniel" from his username - Daniel King to just King. Fishy, dunno...I've better things to entertain myself with now, ie. weekend.

Edited by stefmeister

It's unlikely that this is the same person, scammers tend to move on from their "hot" aliases, however we have banned "King" and "jenny smit" for abusing our rating system by posting fake reviews.

It's unlikely that this is the same person, scammers tend to move on from their "hot" aliases, however we have banned "King" and "jenny smit" for abusing our rating system by posting fake reviews.

Yeah you would think that (about moving on from aliases), but even the fake review was originally written by a user with the name of.. wait for it.... "Danie1". This was quickly changed to "jenny smit" once he realized his error. What's more, "jenny" described him as "king" only 2 or 3 minutes after he'd changed his profile name TOO king - seems far more likely that a real buyer/seller would have known him by his previous alias given the timeframes.

Maybe I've gotten this completely wrong, but from the sidelines it looked like the bumbling and inept attempts of a scammer trying to cover their tracks. It was actually quite funny to watch unfold in real time.    

There can be only 1 King

Yeah you would think that (about moving on from aliases), but even the fake review was originally written by a user with the name of.. wait for it.... "Danie1". This was quickly changed to "jenny smit" once he realized his error. What's more, "jenny" described him as "king" only 2 or 3 minutes after he'd changed his profile name TOO king - seems far more likely that a real buyer/seller would have known him by his previous alias given the timeframes.

Maybe I've gotten this completely wrong, but from the sidelines it looked like the bumbling and inept attempts of a scammer trying to cover their tracks. It was actually quite funny to watch unfold in real time.