UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

On Wyn TV, Bruni hinted that his run was slightly more "safe".. then, when later asked about him being in the series lead he mentioned that a zero on the score card changes things very quickly, especially when you have Troy and Pierron breathing down your neck.

So, with regard to the "safe run", He's either making excuses, or it really is starting to play on his mind. Does he need to win every round to win the overall? I don't think so, Crashing out and having a blackout however might.

i agree: that whole 'conservative run' quip sounded contrived. if he had said it before the finals, sure, i'd buy into it. 

All that aside, nothing detracts from what Pierron laid down. The helmet cam footage is just mind boggling. It's unbelievable that the vid is showing real time, that it wasn't sped up. The vid shows the ride was crazier than even we perceived watching from our chairs.

Edited by Capricorn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am putting this out there .... the world is ready for a ladies only racing team composed of some of the younger ladies starting to come through.

Now Vali is going to be racing with beating the big girls next year, and she is currently on a YT ... would be interesting to see what time she is on in the new season.

Nina is looking to be destined for the Syndicate, unless they realise that women are coming into the sport in a big way and start a dedicated Juliana Sisters Speed Racing Team as a partner team to the Syndicate sharing resources, or the likes, and hopefully pull in Vali at the same time :)

I think Tracey hinted that she played it safe, which was sensible. Troy as well. If you know that pushing it to the limit will cause you to crash then backing off a bit makes sense.

He's probably too nice of a guy to really make a fuss of it, but I'd be annoyed if I were Brosnan and had to listen to Claudio ramble on during your race runs about how 'he's only riding at 90%' and that that is not how you win races. 

So I am putting this out there .... the world is ready for a ladies only racing team composed of some of the younger ladies starting to come through.

Now Vali is going to be racing with beating the big girls next year, and she is currently on a YT ... would be interesting to see what time she is on in the new season.

Nina is looking to be destined for the Syndicate, unless they realise that women are coming into the sport in a big way and start a dedicated Juliana Sisters Speed Racing Team as a partner team to the Syndicate sharing resources, or the likes, and hopefully pull in Vali at the same time :)

AFAIK vali has a 5 year contract with YT

DH was amazing - last two have really been world class and run down to the wire. Loved the variation with this track compared to Andorra and Val di sole. I think its amazing Greg is still up there in the top ten considering the number of much younger fast guys there are now. 

The Mega was on this weekend. Some great GoPro edits from various competitors out there. Kilian Bron followed up his Mountain of Hell win with a second place in the Mega. 

Junior Women

1st. Vali Höll : 3:26.218

Elite Women

1st. Tracey Hannah: 3:27.600

I agree with what Cathro commented on regarding this: Although Vali's time is absolutely sick and she is no doubtingly going to be up there next year; It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. A lot happens to the course between the junior women race and the Elites. Essentially a different track by then. 

I agree with what Cathro commented on regarding this: Although Vali's time is absolutely sick and she is no doubtingly going to be up there next year; It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. A lot happens to the course between the junior women race and the Elites. Essentially a different track by then. 

Newbie question - who "benefits" by the changing of the course ?  Or should I say who looses time because of it ?

Newbie question - who "benefits" by the changing of the course ?  Or should I say who looses time because of it ?

Depends on the course, really... Some of those ruts on the upper end of the track allow for faster cornering if you can hit em properly, on those off camber corners. But then other parts get blown out and more difficult to hit properly, and then there are the braking bumps & holes on some of the sections in the woods (that one LH berm, for example) that just rattle you to shaite and rob speed sometimes. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

And next VH is a year older and faster .... at least I hope!

Nina will also be interesting to see in the new season after being able to do focused training during the off season and knowing she can be a contender.