Hairy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of work to do to confirm your convictions:

Theo qualified in P61

So only him and Sabine Thies in the jnr ladies, repping ZA.

I did say or crash. Which is exactly what he did in Qualies.

After listening to Bruni chatting with Cathro, I have my doubts that about Bruni and Hannah winnnig world champs tomorrow, especially Hannah. She's a confidence rider, as evidenced by her getting smashed by over 10sec at VDS. When the track got into her head. But it wasn't only the track that got into her head, i think it was the title contention too.

So here's the pressure on Hannah's confidence: Her career long nemesis is sidelined,giving her a rare clear run at the world cup overall. Albeit Cabirou is breathing down her neck she just needs consistency in qualifying and finals to take it fairly easily in the end.

Worlds is also poses a rare opportunity without her nemesis Rachel. But the reality is,anyone on the day can take it, and consistency isn't always a guarantee as evidenced by gwin's abject failure over the years.

If she gets hurt badly, it's literally all over: worlds and world cup titles both up in smoke.

if she sand bags, she is likely not to win worlds, but she will remain healthy and strong to throw everything at the last WC of the year and take the elusive WC overall.

Loic said in the interview that this worlds feels weird, as in his strategy hasn't fallen into place mentally given he can finally win the world cup overall, but there's this little thing of world champs to deal with. He has massive BMT when it comes to worlds, so no doubt he can take it. But is he in the right headspace?

One might argue that Cabirou and Pierron could be facing the same dilemmas,and that would be true. Perhaps their qualifying results suggests this is true,but qualifying at worlds can be like timed training at world cups: quite misleading.

Anyone know what happened to brook? Greg had a comment saying "healing vibes to brook"

Apparently had a major off during practice and it then took 3 hours to air lift him off the hill. In for surgery apparently. All on IG - his and Pinkbikes’s latest posts.

Apparently had a major off during practice and it then took 3 hours to air lift him off the hill. In for surgery apparently. All on IG - his and Pinkbikes’s latest posts.

Thanks... There was nothing up when I looked last night

that story is an emergency response time nightmare.. almost 4 hrs!

Those on the scene said it was a really heavy crash and that Brook was in a lot of pain and couldn't feel his legs. His crash happened around 12:05, a helicopter was called at 12:43 by one of the two doctors on site, and he was evacuated almost four hours after the incident happened. By the time he was air-lifted he reportedly did have some feeling in his legs. MS Mondraker has since said that Brook has fractured two vertebrae and he will undergo surgery soon. 

Was brooke wearing back protection? Should the UCI make it mandatory in DH? Currently, AFAIK,it's only country specific, eg France.

edit: vital raw #2 suggests he and others are wearing varying degrees of back coverage.One can see an outline of it, with some ending higher up on the back than others.

Is the level of protection sufficient, or was Brooke's crash just that bad, ie, beyond the capability of reasonable levels of back protection.?

Edited by Capricorn

Anyone found a channel that is featuring the races that works with Getflix?

Beebs was good for XC but not doing the downhill despite the proliferation of lads from the UK..

Try Windscribe for a VPN go around. I loaded it on my PC yesterday and it worked great for the XC. 10gig PM free.

They had Jose Hermida commentating with Warner.

Check Ben Deakins latest video for a bit of Theo practsing a massive Minnaar gap and the drop where Brook and Wilson crashed.

You can damage your spine compressing it from above ot below or hitting your back. A back protector works for the latter not the former. Hope Brook pulls through without any spinal column damage.

PrivateVPN.com

Download app, install, select whatever country is not geolocked, Red Bull feed. Popcorn. Beer. Happiness. 

I just do not understand why it is geo protected if I can't even view it (yet) on dstv?

Multichoice must fall