Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Who is Gandalf the Grey? Noticed all of a sudden they popped up on the most number of commutes board with 85 commutes.

If you commuted twice a day every day this year that would take you to 76.

31 x 2 = 62

7   x 2 = 14

I notice he is in the Netherlands, though and they bike everywhere, so pretty plausible.

Edited by Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh I have white socks today. Looks like I might be riding home with my black work socks on. Not ruining another pair of socks in the rain. Weather looking seriously dodge here at the airport right now.

Ruined a pair on tuesday afternoon, Just missed the down pour so was left with the slosh. 

Ruined a pair on tuesday afternoon, Just missed the down pour so was left with the slosh. 

Also ended up in that slosh - and yesterday morning. The hardtail don't know what hit it - it had a bikewash every weekday for the last 2 weeks.

Amazing what a day of non-rain can do to the trails - was beautiful yesterday afternoon with just a few puddles left.

Yesterday the South Easter ...... today the heat .... going to be an interesting ride home this afternoon. It’s 36 degrees at the moment!!

Yip, I just walked up the hill im going to be riding up in 2 and a bit hours and I think the road melted my flip flops.

word in the group is that we are doing a Thursday Beer Ride on the way home due to this heat!

My bottle of water for the ride home as been in the freezer at work all day already. and i suspect it will have melted before i get home this afternoon. 

Yesterday the South Easter ...... today the heat .... going to be an interesting ride home this afternoon. It’s 36 degrees at the moment!!

I did a month plus of saturdays riding home in that heat at 1pm

i think my water stayed cool for 10 minutes.

word in the group is that we are doing a Thursday Beer Ride on the way home due to this heat!

So lets say you did take the long way home yesterday to go get that beer - are you allowed to log those extra kms in the challenge?

Asking for a friend...  :ph34r:

So lets say you did take the long way home yesterday to go get that beer - are you allowed to log those extra kms in the challenge?

Asking for a friend...  :ph34r:

Yes you are as long as you cycled from work to home without getting a lift.

Basically anything ride that would normally be undertaken by car is considered a commute. Bats? Hairy? Am i correct?

Quick question for the smart peeps: my commute yesterday afternoon and this morning has not been added to my total commute distance. I have classed the rides as transport so not sure what is the problem

Quick question for the smart peeps: my commute yesterday afternoon and this morning has not been added to my total commute distance. I have classed the rides as transport so not sure what is the problem

Probably just a lag in the logging of the distance. I'm sure it'll sync correctly (eventually).

In the mean time I'll enjoy my stay on the bottom step of the podium.  :ph34r: