For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you remember the brands (Gemin, JC Wings, Herpa)?

Mine are all 200 scale. The ones I could get to in storage were Gemini 200 and INFLIGHT 200. 

So we were meant to do our first A350 revenue flight last Saturday but SACAA never came to the party. Now we hoping it can happen on Sunday. Problem is, SACAA close today and only open again 6th Jan. They were here yesterday again so lets hope they issue us our certificates today. The Aircraft and crew are ready from our side and have been for a few days now. If they don't issue the certificates today, the first flight will only take place next year.

I see it is reported that Boeing has fired Dennis Muilenburg.

"The board of directors decided that a change in leadership was necessary to restore confidence in the company moving forward as it works to repair relationships with regulators, customers, and all other stakeholders," Boeing's statement said.

So we were meant to do our first A350 revenue flight last Saturday but SACAA never came to the party. Now we hoping it can happen on Sunday. Problem is, SACAA close today and only open again 6th Jan. They were here yesterday again so lets hope they issue us our certificates today. The Aircraft and crew are ready from our side and have been for a few days now. If they don't issue the certificates today, the first flight will only take place next year.

And......?

And......?

The first commercial flight took place on the 24th. ZS-SDC flew SA323 to CPT and returned as SA336. For now it will operate only on that sector(and most probably only those flights every time, so if you want to fly on it and going between JNB and CPT, book those flight numbers and chances are you will be on the A350) as even although the A350 comes out of the factory with an ETOPS 180plus rating(highest ETOPS rating available) the SACAA say they want the aircraft to fly non ETOPS and build up ETOPS hours first. So basically SACAA are saying they know better than Airbus. So it will be a while till we can fly these aircraft on the routes we intend flying them on(JFK and FRA).