For the aviation fans

Lotus

Not sure if it's been posted before...

Beautiful plane, and nicely noisy. Saw it at various displays in the UK some years ago. One year it was "holding" over Worthing Town for 10 minutes (where I lived) before swinging over to Shoreham Airshow to display.  

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a few jumbo freighters in and out of late but they usually gone before sunset. Maybe this was a delayed jumbo freighter that was very heavy. Also at night the sound travels further and sounds louder.

ORT has become very busy at night since before the lockdown.Lol,the sound travels straight down in my case.

Interesting article on the topic of SAA pilots being "overpaid".

Seems like the DPE narrative is designed to shift the blame for failure.

Are SAA pilots really overpaid? (dailymaverick.co.za)

In my experience pilots are generally, let’s be nice and say “well” paid, probably overpaid if you compare them to other other aviation careers or professionals. Now if you are a pilot and aircraft salesperson combined, thats really moving into the ridiculously overpaid category.

Not to detract from the responsibility, occasionally while sitting in the pointy end of a metal tube steering it through the sky, they really do earn their salary..... and that’s when they can justify their salary.

It’s not always an easy life being a pilot, some pilots really do work hard..... really

In my experience pilots are generally, let’s be nice and say “well” paid, probably overpaid if you compare them to other other aviation careers or professionals. Now if you are a pilot and aircraft salesperson combined, thats really moving into the ridiculously overpaid category.

Not to detract from the responsibility, occasionally while sitting in the pointy end of a metal tube steering it through the sky, they really do earn their salary..... and that’s when they can justify their salary.

It’s not always an easy life being a pilot, some pilots really do work hard..... really

Well paid... I wish

Then many of those that are well paid, mostly long established airline guys, Covid changed things very quickly. Many many companies have taken the opportunity to change contracts and pay scale even when the job has been completed unaffected by Covid.

Cathay Pacific has just made all their employees sign over their old legacy contracts to new reduced schemes.

Well paid... I wish

Then many of those that are well paid, mostly long established airline guys, Covid changed things very quickly. Many many companies have taken the opportunity to change contracts and pay scale even when the job has been completed unaffected by Covid.

Cathay Pacific has just made all their employees sign over their old legacy contracts to new reduced schemes.

That’s tough.

Well paid... I wish

Yeah I understand and agree that you can’t paint all pilots with the same brush. Young pilots still building hours to get that airline or corporate job probably are one example. Without doubt pilots don’t have it easy, long and different working hours, always traveling away from home, difficult working conditions and stressful situations, etc....

Working 36 years in general aviation and having grown up in aviation I’ve known a fair amount of pilots and in my experience they are generally better off than other branches of aviation workers who have the same level of working time (years in aviation).

In aviation no matter what you do, it’s often been said that we do it for the love and not for the money.....

There have been a few jumbo freighters in and out of late but they usually gone before sunset. Maybe this was a delayed jumbo freighter that was very heavy. Also at night the sound travels further and sounds louder.

It happened last night again.About 12.20AM.I looked up on flight radar and there was nothing at that time.It was big and loud and low

It happened last night again.About 12.20AM.I looked up on flight radar and there was nothing at that time.It was big and loud and low

So something dodge then if it's not on flight radar. A massive load of currency leaving our shores....... or gold and diamonds. 

I always wonder what's happening when I don't see an aircraft on FR. I sometimes see small jets flow over my place low and I go look on FR and they not there at all, like a ghost............

So something dodge then if it's not on flight radar. A massive load of currency leaving our shores....... or gold and diamonds.

I always wonder what's happening when I don't see an aircraft on FR. I sometimes see small jets flow over my place low and I go look on FR and they not there at all, like a ghost............

I know at one stage my brother in law would fly explosives up to the mines over our borders further north, these flights would leave ORT after midnight, I’m not sure though if they appeared on FR or not.

Military aircraft normally do not appear on FR.  It would be safe to assume that it is not a civilian aircraft and most propably some form of either military or some Government chartered flight.

Military aircraft normally do not appear on FR. It would be safe to assume that it is not a civilian aircraft and most propably some form of either military or some Government chartered flight.

Just as well I did not take a pot shot with my pellet gun then.