Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you all think of this diet?

Key word: diet. 

Rather find a sustainable lifestyle (incl. food choices and eating habits), which can help you maintain healthy weight over the long term. 

Key word: diet. 

Rather find a sustainable lifestyle (incl. food choices and eating habits), which can help you maintain healthy weight over the long term. 

I have been on an eating plan which has worked for me in the past few months, which includes protein, ie: meat and eggs, and some vegetables and salad too.

To add: it was the same meal plan that helped me lose 12kg last year.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

What do you all think of this diet?

sometimes its good to try different things and break the cycle. This may help you loose a few extra kg short term, and then you just go back on your eating plan.

This looks almost like my eating plan..

Every morning Coffee with 2% milk and no sugar before my ride.

After my ride, Futurelife shake with a banana.

10:00 Tea with 2% milk and no sugar and a fruit, like an apple, pear or orange.

13:00 Coffee with 2% milk and no sugar. One slice Rooibos Rye bread, 2 eggs, and a knife point mayo.

Sometimes I switch the egg for tuna or chicken.

But 90% of the time the eggs.

15:00 Tea with 2% milk and no sugar.

In the evenings is when I mix it up.

Usually something in the line of skinless chicken breast with broccoli or veggies. Other times a choppie/steak with salad, or fish and veggies. Maybe once or twice a week a little bit of rice added to a meal. I never feel like I'm going hungry.

No processed foods like ham slices or viennas..no potatoes, no pasta, no white bread. That stuff is only for a cheat meal over the weekends. And have enough smallish cheat meals so you don't fall off the wagon and give up completely. I still braai and enjoy my beers over the weekend..more than once a weekend usually.

And count the calories!! No need for three choppies or a 300g steak. One choppie, or 150g steak is enough for a meal..You'll eat again soon in the morning, not like you going to starve from hunger until then.

I try and limit my intake to 1500-1800 calories per day. MTBing or running on average 1 - 1.5 hours per day. Steadily losing 1kg per week.

Almost 35kg down living like this..

I hear this so often...if only it were true.

LOL if I dont believe it then I myself will never make it.

My point is that I tried last year reading what you guys achieved and yet I tried but not fully committed. Always had a back door open to find an exuse to have a coke and a chocolate or a slice of bread.

I was just getting tired of myself being over weight. Not once after having a chocolate was I happy with myself. Sometimes even before I ate it I was already cross with myself simply because I knew I was going to give in to the temptation.

Going alone it is only human to leave a back door open. Thats why helping each other here and keep each other on our toes goes a long way to help break bad habits. Mine goes back 40 years. I believe for me to resist sugar is more difficult than to resist an glass of red wine or a nice beer.

At the end of this year I am sixty. For me it is not a delayed midlife crisis. I am desperate. If I dont change my lifestyle now I might not be able to ever change it going forward.

I have no choice anymore. I just wish I had somebody a number of years ago to get me out of this rut.

We work ourselves to death. Eat badly, stress about life and abuse our bodies in the process. I want to be healthy, look healthy and be able to enjoy riding my bike. I see what some of my work mates are going through and I think I was there 2 years ago. Some of them only knows one thing. Work, work and in whatever time they have left they partie to make up and relieve the stress. In the mean time they are busy killing themselves in the process. I was almost there.

I need everybody here to keep me in check. Years ago I had the will power to carry on. Now it is more difficult

Did my 2nd FTP on Trainerroad and i can see that i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and HTFU. Not happy with the results , its going backwards instead of gaining anything......blacksam

The way I see it, after every disappointment, things can only get better but you must be willing to push harder. Keep on keeping on. Others are doing nothing while you are trying to do something about it. Never give up.

Did my 2nd FTP on Trainerroad and i can see that i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and HTFU. Not happy with the results , its going backwards instead of gaining anything......blacksam

If it's worth it, more often than not, it doesn't come easy. Keep pushing.