Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

Spez eliminator , don't know how many of you have tried it but I will be hard pressed to put something else on my front wheel again

Based on my initial rides on the assguy, it's a proper alternative for the Mary. And a couple of my mates run the eliminator, which they love (also coming from Mary). Eliminator is almost an Asseguy copy it's so similar.

Asseguy seems to be a slightly softer compound and slightly slower rolling, but that's not an issue for me up front. Only reason I wouldn't recommend it for everyone is that it's not available in EXO plus just yet, and the DD casing IS heavy.

Eliminator I'd have no issue recommending up front due to others opinions which I trust, and it's in the grid casing which is a bit lighter than DD.

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asseguy seems to be a slightly softer compound and slightly slower rolling, but that's not an issue for me up front. Only reason I wouldn't recommend it for everyone is that it's not available in EXO plus just yet, and the DD casing IS heavy.

Very heavy - especially in 29". But the good news is that the Exo+ version is being released in the near future. Still have a new DHF waiting once the current one dies, but after that I will try the Ass guy.

Very heavy - especially in 29". But the good news is that the Exo+ version is being released in the near future. Still have a new DHF waiting once the current one dies, but after that I will try the Ass guy.

Yeah. Indeed. But I figured Im a heavy bastard so the extra weight (50g or so over super gravity) was okay. I also don't mind heavy tyres, but others do.

Interested in the exo plus for the front when this one dies

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

I'll let you know what I think. The spare DHF I have is an Exo plus - didn't see that till it arrived by courier. I'm hoping it will allow front wheel pressures around 20psi. Edited by Grease_Monkey

I did a shoddy job of setting my gears before my last ride, and didn't notice before I was around 500m away from my car, so I only had top 4 or 5 gears on my cassette working. And having little time for a ride, I decided to keep going and to work with what I have.

Long story short, the climb up Helderberg was fine, not an issue. BUT, going down there's no way to pedal fast enough in the available gearing. So that forced me to flow to keep speed in sections where I would normally just work in a crank or two.

Strava don't lie (often) but I had three of my best DH sections on the trails, without being able to out power down when needed.

So to go faster, don't use breaks and don't paddle, got it.

so what do you call / classify as being a "heavy bastard" ?

Yeah. Indeed. But I figured Im a heavy bastard so the extra weight (50g or so over super gravity) was okay. I also don't mind heavy tyres, but others do.

So to go faster, don't use breaks and don't paddle, got it.

that seems to work... but I would hazard a guess - only on downhills.

You jest but speak the truth re brakes. I am on a conscious drive (ride?) to keep my fingers off my brakes. Its a horriblly difficult thing to do because its so ingrained in me to brake to a "safe" speed for a corner or obstacle.

Its a slow process but I can already feel the difference and carry more speed through sections I was previously having to pedal pit of. I get these minor "oh wow" moments every ride when my tyres grip and I exit the corner without any brakes.

Pack some Dutch courage, find a berm and session it going faster and faster and on doing that adjust your normal perception of "too fast.".

"big boned" in other words. Jeez your poor bikes :-)

my poor legs & lungs. 

Looks like a return could be sooner than thought. Yay! Caught the tail end of the bronchitis.