Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my new wheels are in the process of acquisition. CRC sale to the rescue.  Those R250 WTB 29mm rims  plus Novatec boost hubs. D542 32h XD out back D6 something  32 up front- heavy duty. Total before tax/duty R1600 incl a 10% discount that just kicked in. Now for some spokes and a build in due course. Whew. 

Okay, my new wheels are in the process of acquisition. CRC sale to the rescue.  Those R250 WTB 29mm rims  plus Novatec boost hubs. D542 32h XD out back D6 something  32 up front- heavy duty. Total before tax/duty R1600 incl a 10% discount that just kicked in. Now for some spokes and a build in due course. Whew. 

Nice! I can vouch for these. 

https://www.rapide.co.za/product/alpina-straight-pull-double-butted-spokes/

Don't know if the double butted is a bit to lightweight for you.

Thanks for the tip - thats half the price some shops charge. I think with 32 spokes double butted will be fine. Its not going to be a light wheel set but at least it will be strong...

I have built a lot of wheels with Wayne's spokes. They are great and half the price of shop spokes.

The brass nipples are also great, but I prefer to shell out for the DT nipples (works out about R20 more per 64) from the shop.

That should build up nicely.

I have built a lot of wheels with Wayne's spokes. They are great and half the price of shop spokes.

The brass nipples are also great, but I prefer to shell out for the DT nipples (works out about R20 more per 64) from the shop.

That should build up nicely.

Is the Sapim online spoke length calculator any good? 

Well CRC got my stuff to Jhb rather quickly but according to the invoice they only sent one rim. Oh dear. And I have to deal with Skynet. Feeling worried about the charges they are going to invent...

Can anyone tell me which on line shop was talking on this thread about having the xt/slx 4 pots in stock?

They even posted some adds in the classifieds and now I can't find them after wrecking my levers today.... typical

Can anyone tell me which on line shop was talking on this thread about having the xt/slx 4 pots in stock?

They even posted some adds in the classifieds and now I can't find them after wrecking my levers today.... typical

Easybike

Hey guys.

I need to choose between a RockShox Super deluxe select + and a Fox DPX2. I have a Lyric RC on the front for what it is worth. I have done some googling but I can’t arrive at a decision as I’ve never had a ds. Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys.

I need to choose between a RockShox Super deluxe select + and a Fox DPX2. I have a Lyric RC on the front for what it is worth. I have done some googling but I can’t arrive at a decision as I’ve never had a ds. Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Fox dpx2 is Muuuuch better shock, it uses scaled down versions of the rod valves found in the X2 plus it uses A weird twin tube damper tube that circulates to the main Piston

Also spares are widely available

The Super deluxe however is just a slightly bigger version of the monarch +, it uses a very sketchy rebound circuit, spares are like hens teeth and overall it's a very underwhelming shock

PLEASE BUY THE FOX SHOCK

... Edit I'm not a fan boy... I don't even have fox suspension on my bike

Hey guys.

First up, what bike is it going on?