Epic, Iron Man, Comrades

adam.greve

More like way to much leave available... And he works for one of those companies that just require you to rock up during standard business hours and take your paycheck at the end of the month

This was actually my first thought, but I'm trying to keep my grumpy feel-sorry-for-myself work feelings to myself these days...  :whistling:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to do CT cycle tour, two oceans and a Robben Island swim in the same year. 'the Cape Town triathlon' The swim thing though...

I know back in the day there was an “Ironman” competition in natal that combined your times for the comrades, midmar mile and the dusi in the same year

Edited by wahoofish

I know back in the day there was an “Ironman” competition in natal that combined your times for the comrades, mismatched mike and the dusi in the same year

It still exists..I think there is still a medal even.

P.s I had to chuckle at the auocorrect there :)

I'd love to do CT cycle tour, two oceans and a Robben Island swim in the same year. 'the Cape Town triathlon' The swim thing though...

We did something similar on the same day.... Been thinking of putting another on on again this year. 

Ping me if you're keen.

Think Noordhoed to Hout Bay swim, Peninsula road/gravel ride of 150km ish and then a 40km trail run topping out at Maclears beacon.

Can have the transition zones in Hout Bay so you only need a lift to the start......

It still exists..I think there is still a medal even.

P.s I had to chuckle at the auocorrect there :)

Last time I did midmar it was still on an there was a wave for those guys. That was 2015.

Why play around. What about 

Munga MTB and Munga Trail in 1 year. Just know of 1 that did it sofar

This should be alot more difficult. 

In the same year, has any person been able to complete all 3 of these events?

I stand to be corrected but think the ex-springbok rugby player, Marius Hurter, did this.

Peninsula triathlon

Argus

2 oceans

Berg

Elapsed time over all is the winner. Gets about 5 qualifiers a year

In the same year, has any person been able to complete all 3 of these events?

Never even thought about the Epic, but I've done the other two (Durbs IM), plus Oceans, plus a couple of standard tri's and marathons in 1 year. 

Trouble is it was all 30 odd years ago, so I'm not sure if I'm making this up :devil:

Why play around. What about 

Munga MTB and Munga Trail in 1 year. Just know of 1 that did it sofar

This should be alot more difficult. 

A friend of mine has completed every single Munga so far... Both cycle and run - 5 in a row.... She should have won the first Munga trail run if not for the organisers giving Benni a lift..  :ph34r:

On top of that she has completed AR world champs, other 100milers etc all in the same year.

Doing lots of events in a year really isn't as difficult as most people make it out to be.

I covered over 1500km of on foot/cycling/paddling in 3 races in 2018.

Say whaaaaaat?!

He went off course quite close to the end.... If you look at his tracker he went off course for a few km down a hill... One of the organisers pulled up, told him to jump in, drove him back up the hill to his point of entry and he went on to overtake Nicky.

I know a few people who are more than a little peeved by this