Dear mountain bikers.. from trail runners

Chris_

I get the trail sharing thing I am a happy go lucky type of guy.

I greet everyone on the trails (if I am able to between catching my breath) this is the first year I have bought a Tygerberg permit so first time on the corridors (always paid per trail but was getting expensive) and on the 1 we rode the weekend the sign at the gate said no runners and we passed 10+ did not mind nobody was in anybodies way and as I am new didn't know if it was just the gate or the trail they were allowed to use.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except when you ask roadies, then they all talk about their rights. Boggles the mind.

so many roadies now on the trails......

by definition there are no "roadies" on the trails just other cyclists with MTBs

if you are a "roadie" you ride on the road :whistling: 

Those are the golfers who miss being in the rough, a true roadie would never ride on a trail!

by definition there are no "roadies" on the trails just other cyclists with MTBs

if you are a "roadie" you ride on the road :whistling:

No need for that font! Never a truer word written.

Okay as a undercover trail runner, I will, from now on, slowdown and smile at mountain bikers whenever I pass them on an uphill.  Maybe even help them by offering too push them up the hill.....

Those are the golfers who miss being in the rough, a true roadie would never ride on a trail!

But they have paved paradise.....

Okay as a undercover trail runner, I will, from now on, slowdown and smile at mountain bikers whenever I pass them on an uphill. Maybe even help them by offering too push them up the hill.....

You should rather give them an eBike brochure as you run past, their little egos wont cope and if you have a nice incentive structure in place, you could make a killing.

You should rather give them an eBike brochure as you run past, their little egos wont cope and if you have a nice incentive structure in place, you could make a killing.

My real fear is when some of the top trail runners come flying down a hill.  I think some of them can easily pass a social mountain biker.  Again, best approach is to run trails that are very technical and steep.  Best training and fewer trail companions....

Rechargeable bicycle air siren!

(I think it work vs. those pesky ear phones)

The intended market is probably commuters, though, to be able to hoot at motorists.

post-154-0-30164500-1547488913_thumb.jpg

Rechargeable bicycle air siren!

(I think it work vs. those pesky ear phones)

I think the intended market is commuters, though, to be able to hoot at motorists.

Where can I get one of these?  They are awesome, can be put on the bike or worn in a race vest in place of a water bottle..

Park runs will next be the same again

evil chuckle :devil: :devil:

Where can I get one of these? They are awesome, can be put on the bike or worn in a race vest in place of a water bottle..

Park runs will next be the same again

evil chuckle [emoji317] [emoji317]

Amazon has it. Then Takelot has something even louder.e42a97e6a5265a5172c1c1d9bee9520b.jpg00e473ae4926776191d56feedb57664a.jpg

At the end of the day it boils down to simple thing called respect for each other. There is too much stigma in the fitness world. Who cares if you do not agree with crossfit and prefer bodybuilding, or you are a roadie and dislike mtb'rs, or you prefer jogging to cycling? Whatever floats your boat, as long as everyone respects each other. Just be kind and humble.

Also, I have to agree about pounding music in your ears. Those with earphones - sorry neh. Go do that in the gym, not in an open field with other humans or cars in your surroundings. You are bound to piss someone off or get yourseld injured.

And if you MUST have earphones in to exercise then you are not serious about it. Had this fight with my gf too many times.

Amazon has it. Then Takelot has something even louder.e42a97e6a5265a5172c1c1d9bee9520b.jpg

Please send me Adriana Lima's fitness secrets (videos preferable)  :ph34r: 

Archived