[Event] Race to the Sun

advenduranceteam

Would be great if Advendurance actually confirmed with Sun International as well of their plans to move the event. Then maybe Sun International would be able to move the accommodation bookings for the Promo Group Code Race to the new date.

Although I agree that it was a tough decision to make, I think it's pathetic that the head in the sand approach is being taken regarding assisting with logistical re-arrangement. They are the professionals and should have means in place to assist with most eventualities. If you are able to negotiate preferred rates for an event, you must have the means to open that channel to make amendments.   

Currently the single most expensive single day event in the country!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I had a great time.  Really enjoyed it.

Kudo's to all the gravel bikes - it couldn't have been too much fun between halfway and WP 3 with those corrugations, and It did look like the majority of the crashes we saw were on Gravel bikes so maybe they are quite tricky to ride if you get tired.

I can see the attraction of a gravel bike on this specific route though - I have resisted the urge to go 1x and I'm still running an original M780 XT triple crank with a 42T front blade.  The tar sections were lovely!

Must say I had a great time.  Really enjoyed it.

Kudo's to all the gravel bikes - it couldn't have been too much fun between halfway and WP 3 with those corrugations, and It did look like the majority of the crashes we saw were on Gravel bikes so maybe they are quite tricky to ride if you get tired.

I can see the attraction of a gravel bike on this specific route though - I have resisted the urge to go 1x and I'm still running an original M780 XT triple crank with a 42T front blade.  The tar sections were lovely!

Yip. I was in quite a hurt box there, staring at my Garmin, willing the misery to end. 

Happy I made gold, was actually aiming for silver. Always fells great when you achieve your goal and some. 

We were aiming for Silver too and were well on track until just after halfway where my wife had a bit of a dip.  She recovered well towards the end, and put in some monster pulls on the road leading to Sun City - in fact we were catching the 6 hour Garmin virtual man pretty quickly but there was just too much to do, and my legs were spent anyway.

But what really p*ssed me off the most is I specially rode laps in the car park to make up 160km so I could get the Garmin 100mi badge.  I stopped and saved my workout on exactly 160km.  And it came up on Garmin Connect as 159.97.

FFS