[Event] Race to the Sun

advenduranceteam

With all the rain and some more forecasted for Saturday it might be a wet and muddy ride.

Quite. And my bike is on Race Kings. I'm now starting to wonder whether that is a mistake… Guess I am going to find out…

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm hopelessly under trained and overweight for this! Throw in some rain and mud and it should be extra fun.

Is it true that spraying your tyres with Spray & Cook assist with less mud sticking to tyres

Sounds interesting... In theory, adding any ptfe coating to your tyres should help shed mud, but it will also help shed any grip on wet tar roads nicely (slip and slide wheels, I've got an idea for a party trick now). I wouldn't do that and take a corner without an ambulance on standby :blink:

'It is with great regret that we have to inform all participants and spectators that Race to the Sun 2019 is postponed to Saturday, 25 May 2019 due to unsafe weather conditions. The downpour of rain throughout this week has caused multiple rivers to flood in critical areas of the route.'

Pity, but 160 km in the mud isn’t my idea of fun, May should be a bit cooler and less chance of rain ????????

Tough Decision to make for Advendurance.

Edited by kingalton

Tough decision now. Sani2C on 15 - 18  May and on 25th Race to the Sun

Do both and you'll be in perfect shape at Race to the Sun 

The right call but still sad. I have doubted this date change all along - the chances of extreme heat or rain is just too high this time of the year. May should be perfect (maybe a bit chilly at the start but HTFU)