Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

When I bought guitar pro it was 59 dollars which equated to around 400 rand back then. Sadly that’s changed. ;) I had been using a cracked version for years an felt guilty.

Guitar pro is very helpful, but I find lately for ease of use and for general chord and lyrics type learning, Ultimate Guitar is easy to use and generally quite accurate.

Sometimes the tabs look like they have been written by 12 year olds, but with some common sense and musical knowledge they aren't difficult to play correctly

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on ucord last night practicing my hand movements, and trying to get my unwilling fingers to move in all the directions to get the cords. Up come this weird ass F. Im like what on earth is this, thats not F. WTF. Wife comes in, "O are you learning bar cords?"...... :eek:

Felt a bit stupid. did not even think about that.... :oops:

I was on ucord last night practicing my hand movements, and trying to get my unwilling fingers to move in all the directions to get the cords. Up come this weird ass F. Im like what on earth is this, thats not F. WTF. Wife comes in, "O are you learning bar cords?"...... :eek:

My only suggestion is find an easy song. Practice that till you get it. And play along to it on the radio. Nothing keeps you wanting to improve like playing with other instruments or a band.

Scales and practicing chords are really tough to keep you motivated in the beginning. They don’t sound like music. That’s why games like rocksmith etc do so well. Makes you feel that you are a musician which is great.

But the "F" is weird to start with.. All "F's" and "B's" I struggle with..

I tried Queen - fat Bottom Girls on Rocksmith the other night.. talk about contorting to chords.. 

But the "F" is weird to start with.. All "F's" and "B's" I struggle with..

I tried Queen - fat Bottom Girls on Rocksmith the other night.. talk about contorting to chords.. 

The F Bar chord is easy though. Its just the E shape barring first fret. B is the A minor shape Barring 2nd fret. You can learn the complicated shapes later.

Guess what was delivered a few minutes ago??!!!

The rocksmith cable i was waiting for. It was scheduled for delivery on Friday.

Well no sleep for me tonight. 

Guess what was delivered a few minutes ago??!!!

The rocksmith cable i was waiting for. It was scheduled for delivery on Friday.

Well no sleep for me tonight. 

Blisters on the tips of your fingers

The F Bar chord is easy though. Its just the E shape barring first fret. B is the A minor shape Barring 2nd fret. You can learn the complicated shapes later.

Or be lazy and just stick to the barre chords hahahaha

Or be lazy and just stick to the barre chords hahahaha

If I had a choice.. but my lovely guitar teacher has other ideas...

If I had a choice.. but my lovely guitar teacher has other ideas...

That being said, teaching new fingers to Barre a fret properly is an art form on its own. Nothing is more annoying than a dead string because your finger isn't pressing hard enough

That being said, teaching new fingers to Barre a fret properly is an art form on its own. Nothing is more annoying than a dead string because your finger isn't pressing hard enough

Chords, Barring, Travis Picking, CAGED, reading Notes, Playing songs, all get done in half hour once a week..

wow nice to know there are others that have to split their time and resources between both cycling and music, it sure is tough at times  :D I've been playing for about 10 years now, like cycling it really is a masterless craft (for most of us anyway)

99fbd0ebd882267db21596fc1c9aeb49.jpg

this is an old pic of my setup, I'm a big Epiphone fan...

Edited by Jaguar Shark

anyone can play guitar (even me).

getting good at it, that requires talent (which I don't have) and practice (which i don't do enough of).

all you need is four chords and the truth

(C,G,F Am)

anyone can play guitar (even me).

getting good at it, that requires talent (which I don't have) and practice (which i don't do enough of).

all you need is four chords and the truth

(C,G,F Am)

Always disliked this video and the whole premise of it being a conspiracy. It's an oversimplification of musical theory.

Based on your example of C G F Am, you could play all those songs in D A G Bm and it would sound the same, just in a different key

Edited by Jase619