Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-97525-0-27996600-1547743630_thumb.jpg

This is my pride and joy, bought with my first vacation work paycheck 10 years ago!

post-97525-0-06961100-1547743674_thumb.jpg

post-97525-0-87631300-1547743743_thumb.jpg

A little home made pedalboard I also made about 8 years ago. Young me was apparently very handy.

Still have some additions planned for this, like getting rid of the random compression pedal and replacing it with a Boss one.

When I was young.

Not anymore, however, me getting intruduced to piano, recorder, drums and the music theory side of it, created a fondness for seeing people play music and music in general.

Spent my high-school career in a regional youth orchestra, and even performed for the JHB orchestra (albeit lots of counting, and only 2 symbal strikes)

In about 15 years, i will most likely try and find a LH guitar somewhere, and spend the rest of my days annoying the crap out of my wife, feigning talent and the ability to sing.

I swing sticks from time to time.

44074967_736782476670104_563524812030554

Nice jazzy setup. I play jazzy music but still like a more traditional setup. Also have a meinl block setup on my kick. Playing pro dominantly black American gospel was quite a shift from the punk I played with school mates.

I’m gonna guess and say Iwan plays with light 7A or 5A Vic Firth sticks.

Vater for life. Lil John Roberts Signature most of the time or Bebop 500 for SA's small venues

Nice jazzy setup. I play jazzy music but still like a more traditional setup. Also have a meinl block setup on my kick. Playing pro dominantly black American gospel was quite a shift from the punk I played with school mates.

Better?

post-1575-0-14389600-1547749291_thumb.jpg

Vater for life. Lil John Roberts Signature most of the time or Bebop 500 for SA's small venues

I’m a Vic Firth Weckl signature man myself but will play with some heavier Mike Clemens signature Vaters very now and agian

I’m a Vic Firth Weckl signature man myself but will play with some heavier Mike Clemens signature Vaters very now and agian

Used fhose for quite a while. Back when they were still maroon. When I changed to Vater I first played the Recording model which was closest in feel to the Weckls, with the balance more towards I liked. When they launched the LJR signature sticks I found exactly what I wanted. Have been playing them since.

On the odd occasions I'll use the 5AXD stick when I need extra beef for outdoors or big shows.

Used fhose for quite a while. Back when they were still maroon. When I changed to Vater I first played the Recording model which was closest in feel to the Weckls, with the balance more towards I liked. When they launched the LJR signature sticks I found exactly what I wanted. Have been playing them since.

On the odd occasions I'll use the 5AXD stick when I need extra beef for outdoors or big shows.

Still have a few of the maroon ones in my stick bag. This thread has me aching to get my kit out of storage and playing along to some Dave Matthews.

Still have a few of the maroon ones in my stick bag. This thread has me aching to get my kit out of storage and playing along to some Dave Matthews.

Do it