Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

This is my setup. eaacce9b68f2395e2d83524f8497910c.jpgeb47500a73d4ba08006eea3f366a2a7d.jpg769f019c60970c1fcc1a930008886f2f.jpg

When I was,still gigging I had an Orange tiny terror...15 watts of pure damn bliss.....

That thing was ungodly loud but no real clean so I had to move it on...my band mates an I were in awe of its sheer volume and presence in such a small box..

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was,still gigging I had an Orange tiny terror...15 watts of pure damn bliss.....

That thing was ungodly loud but no real clean so I had to move it on...my band mates an I were in awe of its sheer volume and presence in such a small box..

It’s true, I really love the tone I get but no clean at all. And it is pretty loud.

I never play super clean though. So volume on my guitar down and dial off some gain and I am good to go.

I have a micro terror too. That through the 1 x 12 sounds pretty darn good too. And you can run that at pretty low volume.

So after the weekend I can play the c, a, Em, g and d and f. 

I tried to keep up with a song on youtube, but man it goes fast. Great fun, and waiting impatiently for rocksmith to arrive. 

I tried to keep up with a song on youtube, but man it goes fast. Great fun, and waiting impatiently for rocksmith to arrive. 

Have you tried playing with ChordU.

it adds the chords to youtube songs

Also check out ultimate guitar app. If you pay for it you get the pro tabs which play the song for you. You can slow it down if you need to until you get it right. Then you can speed up slowly.

Also check out ultimate guitar app. If you pay for it you get the pro tabs which play the song for you. You can slow it down if you need to until you get it right. Then you can speed up slowly.

My only problem with the app is that it wants you to pay for functionality that is available on the website for free, as in transposing of chords and autoscroll. I get it's the convenience of using your phone, but I just think it's a bit annoying.

My only problem with the app is that it wants you to pay for functionality that is available on the website for free, as in transposing of chords and autoscroll. I get it's the convenience of using your phone, but I just think it's a bit annoying.

When I Play with tabs on My Pc, I use MuseScore as my tab player, and normally get my tabs from MusicNoteslib, I filter my search for those with guitar pro in them, and download the gpx files..

Normally very good.

Also look at the GuitarTuna app, they have some games you can play,, worth it.

When I Play with tabs on My Pc, I use MuseScore as my tab player, and normally get my tabs from MusicNoteslib, I filter my search for those with guitar pro in them, and download the gpx files..

Normally very good.

Also look at the GuitarTuna app, they have some games you can play,, worth it.

Will give these a look, thanks man

I use a package called guitar pro. Excellent software an has much functionality.

Lil anecdote: back in the day before this thing called internet we used to go to a music shop an transcribe chords from books cos we were skint. The owner would kick us out. So we would go an try memorise a page an the next guy the next page. Or play a record 4 million times.

I use a package called guitar pro. Excellent software an has much functionality.

Lil anecdote: back in the day before this thing called internet we used to go to a music shop an transcribe chords from books cos we were skint. The owner would kick us out. So we would go an try memorise a page an the next guy the next page. Or play a record 4 million times.

The biggest difference between MuseScore and guitar pro is the Price.. For $69.95 I can get a few strings.

I tried Guitar pro too. Its good, I find ultimate guitar the easiest to use. Guitar pro I always have to search all over then import tabs. Ultimate guitar its just available.

The biggest difference between MuseScore and guitar pro is the Price.. For $69.95 I can get a few strings.

When I bought guitar pro it was 59 dollars which equated to around 400 rand back then. Sadly that’s changed. ;) I had been using a cracked version for years an felt guilty.

Edited by IceCreamMan