Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my wife and I have the musical ability of a stone, but for some reason, both my kids have a natural ability for music. They both play multiple instruments.

I agree, it is good for them to play, but just remember, your house will never be the same. The house next door has had three owners in the last two years. I'm sure they left because of the noise. My daughter (17) practices non stop. My son (10) has to get in on the action whenever she practices. He now has a trumpet.

I grew up in a household of musicians.Mother and one sister played piano,I and my brother and 2nd sister guitar and my father sang all the time.

I believe its important for a kid to have an extracurricular activity to suit and broaden their talents from about 8 years old.My daughter chose horse riding  and my son guitar.

There is something very comforting of the sound of scales being played endlessly....

What is the one on the right? It is super nice!! 

Thats My SG..

I Got it as a kit..

looked like this when I Got it..

post-12682-0-45151800-1547724099_thumb.jpg

all the guitars I posted here are my own custom finishes, and only 1 of them was not a kit, 

My Electric guitar setup. Only pic I have at the moment.

Not that I rate myself as an awesome guitarist. I am more of a jack of trades, master of none, copy king church musician.

Started playing the drums in church since St 5, migrated towards guitar because someone had to. Was (partially) trained on piano and trumpet  (grades 7 and 6) so I understood music .  Played in church bands ever since.

Sunday riding does suffer a bit because of it though> I usually have to go really early if I want a long one :D  

Sorry can't get the pic posted.  :mellow:

Edited by RearWheelDrive

I havent played for about 2 years. Played in church.

My Kit:

Tama Swingstar Hyperdrive

Tama Aluminum  snare

K custom Crash

Z custom Ride

Custom jazz Hi-Hats

DW 5000 hi-hat and bass pedals

All mic'd with Shure Betas

Nice

The Drums I have are Sonor Force 2007. Birch kit with A customs cymbals and this awesome Dave Weckl 10" splash

Nice

The Drums I have are Sonor Force 2007. Birch kit with A customs cymbals and this awesome Dave Weckl 10" splash

I was too hard on my splashes so just started playing with a small 10" crash and a larger 16" K custom fast crash. The Swingstars are also Birch. Sounds great with Remo pinstripes

Both my wife and I have the musical ability of a stone, but for some reason, both my kids have a natural ability for music. They both play multiple instruments.

My parents and their siblings have no musical ability, but for some reason all the cousins on my Dad's side have very good musical ability, my one cousin even plays for a semi-professional band at the moment. Not sure where the genes come from though.

Thanks for this, have just found my wife's birthday present to me!!

My pleasure.. just remember take pic and post.. I love to see peoples creations..

@warthog.. you too mate

My pleasure.. just remember take pic and post.. I love to see peoples creations..

@warthog.. you too mate

Thanks Mate. Will do.

:eek:

Still enjoy the CD

Lekker! Playing on 14 Feb if you and the fam wants to pull in. Or, seeing as it's V-Day, you and the Misses. 

Lekker! Playing on 14 Feb if you and the fam wants to pull in. Or, seeing as it's V-Day, you and the Misses. 

where ?