[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1

Events Bot

Is this the same Welgelegen that is home to the G-Spot trails? Or a different place?

i assume thats the venue.

I will try and find out more info soonest because i would also like to go check it out asap

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i assume thats the venue.

I will try and find out more info soonest because i would also like to go check it out asap

I spoke to one of the organizers on Saturday.

It seems that venue might not work out as there is apparently not enough dedicated single track and open space for the start. But we will need to wait and see.

Link to the results of this weekend? Can only find the inthebunch report

There should be a race report coming out soon as well. Great-time.co.za did the time keeping.

I spoke to one of the organizers on Saturday.

It seems that venue might not work out as there is apparently not enough dedicated single track and open space for the start. But we will need to wait and see.

Keen to find out soonest where round #2 will be held. I also think numbers will be high because of the success of this past wkends event.

I have a question for the working folk.

I could practice Bloemendal course as it is on my doorstep. But how do you practice the course if the course is in Stellenbosch or Paarl? I can't afford to take the Friday off.

What do you guys do?

I could practice Bloemendal course as it is on my doorstep. But how do you practice the course if the course is in Stellenbosch or Paarl? I can't afford to take the Friday off.

What do you guys do?

Usually the weekend before?

Usually the weekend before?

Thanks Jewbacca.

Makes sense assuming the course track is decided upon already and made public. 

But the weekend before it will have to be.

What do you guys do?

same here, hence why im keen to know so i can plan accordingly.

with Bloemendal i was there the Saturday before, however if you haven't done before you wont be 100% of track as it wont be marked out yet.

Worst case, when it's a stand-alone WP race, you can usually ride the course on the morning of the race before the sprogs and nippers kick off.

I’m super keen to do these races, but racing against guys doing it for a living seems like a waste of time, personally. I like to be competitive, but there’s just no chance against those guys. They should have a age group/ non pro/ full time working group for the under 30 guys and gals. Just my 2 cents. Maybe then more will compete?

Keen to find out soonest where round #2 will be held. I also think numbers will be high because of the success of this past wkends event.

Ditto as I'd like to get into this race format. I thnk entries will be high due to Olympic qualification and selection taking place this year (or at least based on 2019 results) for the Elites.

What do you guys do?

great question was wondering this myself.. The Bloemendal course was only marked out by the Friday but I understand many riders were practicing the course because they knew from last year. 

I’m super keen to do these races, but racing against guys doing it for a living seems like a waste of time, personally. I like to be competitive, but there’s just no chance against those guys. They should have a age group/ non pro/ full time working group for the under 30 guys and gals. Just my 2 cents. Maybe then more will compete?

That would dilute the age group batches then. the events are run the UCI format so age group cats are important. But I guess a Fun category will bring in numbers and revenue..... 

What do you guys do?

I have done most of the XCO Races & Venues over the past 4-5 years. You are not going to get more technical than Bloemendal. Coetzenberg perhaps but last year the Wine Barrel was closed for the age categories which to me was the most difficult obstacle due to it being dry and a dust bowl. So bottom line if you can smoothly ride the past weekends course & have all the A-Lines dialed then you can literally just rock up on the day to race at any other venue.