PE cyclist pushed off bicycle and robbed

derickmuller

This happened in PE this Morning be safe guys these thugs are not afraid anymore.

"A Port Elizabeth cyclist was pushed off his bicycle during an early morning cycle on Kragga Kamma Road on Tuesday morning.

According to residents, the incident happened at about 6:30am on Kragga Kamma Road – near Cows Corner – between Amanzi Road and Louisa Road.

A cellphone was stolen during the robbery.

A nearby CCTV camera - mounted to a house - caught the incident on camera and shows a white vehicle reversing into the bushes shortly before the attack.

The car reserves behind a bushy area and a short while later, a man is seen walking down the road – repeatedly looking over his shoulder.

The cyclist veers out to widen the distance between them as he approaches the suspect.

As he passes, the suspect turns around, chases towards the cyclist and pushes him off his bicycle from behind. 

They both fall to the ground, and the attacker lands on top of the cyclist.

Within moments of hitting the ground, the attacker jumps up and walks across the road, in the direction of the car parked behind the bushes.

The cyclist then picks up his bicycle before dropping it again and walking across the road.

A passing motorist is seen stopping as the car behind the bushes pulls out. 

The cyclist then speaks to the driver of the passing vehicle.

While the attacker continues walking away, the car previously parked in the bush casually drives off.

The video then ends abruptly."

Police spokesperson Captain Sandra Janse van Rensburg said a case of robbery was opened at the Kabega Park Police Station.

“From what we have determined is that the suspect was in the vehicle together with another man and woman.

“He then left the vehicle and during this time and attacked the cyclist,” she said.

“The only item stolen during the incident is a cellphone.”

CCTV Footage: 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just pisses me off! Saw the video earlier today. 

The lowlife scum piece of *** doesn't even bother to run away instead just casually walks off. I suppose the victim and the driver that stopped (I'm going to struggle to say this) did the right thing as it's just a phone and your life is worth more than that. 

Is this right though? Should we just be handing over our items that we pay for? This is certainly the attitude that the perp has and also the fuzz, they don't even bother to investigate anymore. They've now narrowed down their role in these cases. They need to provide you with a case number allowing you to claim....

“He then left the vehicle and during this time and attacked the cyclist,” she said.

“The only item stolen during the incident is a cellphone.”

For flip sakes ... it does not matter if the only thing that was stolen was a 10c piece, it is still aggravated assault and robbery

They should of driven him over.

i agree ,he may have had a knife but a 2 ton car wins that arguement  :ph34r:

Yeah but then we promoting violence here? Do two wrongs make a right etc.... 

Not sure I'd expect someone else to take out the f*cking pig who just robbed me?? Damage to car, who takes the wrap etc.... 

Not sure where I am on this, had the f*cking coward been alone I would have taken a my chances with him alone on that road, I might not be the best fighter around but fitness has to count for something right? But because he's a coward and needs to roll with his posse he or someone in the crew might be armed. 

What comes to mind here is pepper spray (lots of it!) and and to test the Tazer.  :whistling:

Great opportunity I think?

Glad he walked away though.

How long does Pepper spray last?? I bought one a while ago but haven't used it. I'd hate to be in a situation and I tell the muthabuffer that I'm going to smoke him and the **** oozes down my hand.... 

Should I toss it? I ordered some more over the weekend for the missus but what do I do with the old one?

Glad the rider is ok and it was ''only a cellphone''.

It shouldn't have happened in the 1st place but it could have been much much worse.

The problem is that these fu...rs are planning these attacks/robberies and it really is a risk riding on your own especially early morning.

What a lovely country we live in

How long does Pepper spray last?? I bought one a while ago but haven't used it. I'd hate to be in a situation and I tell the muthabuffer that I'm going to smoke him and the **** oozes down my hand.... 

Should I toss it? I ordered some more over the weekend for the missus but what do I do with the old one?

Every can should have expiry date on it .You should periodically tested peppersprey every 3 months or so to see is it pressure inside.Also you should tested once you buy it to see how it working and what pressure you need to press actuators,distance ,pattern ect.You dont want find out when you need it that is empty or not working. :eek:

Have no idea how long it lasts but there should be a sell by date on it. 

Most of us have never checked or used the stuff but this would have been a perfect opportunity.

I reckon if you keep spraying, the slimeball will stay down? Followed by a tazer shot to keep his bowels moving.

Every can should have expiry date on it .You should periodically tested peppersprey every 3 months or so to see is it pressure inside.Also you should tested once you buy it to see how it working and what pressure you need to press actuators,distance ,pattern ect.You dont want find out when you need it that is empty or not working. :eek:

Thanks, I'll test the old one and also the new ones when they arrive. 

Have no idea how long it lasts but there should be a sell by date on it. 

Most of us have never checked or used the stuff but this would have been a perfect opportunity.

I reckon if you keep spraying, the slimeball will stay down? Followed by a tazer shot to keep his bowels moving.

I've always thought of spraying the MOFO and then once he's down just keep on kicking him in the nuts? Like repeatedly alot but like a whole lot.... Like just don't stop maybe if I get tired I'd slow down but then just get back on it again...

I reckon cleats will also make a right mess of his face.

Video I watched on my phone, is not all that clear, but this perp looked awfully "pale" to me, or is my eyesight failing me?