Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

Bose quiet comfort. 

There is literally nothing else that comes close to how good those are.

I tried the latest incarnation of the quiet comfort and the latest Sony WH-1000xm and found the sonys to be better. A lot of reviews agree with this. 

https://www.wired.com/review/review-sony-wh1000xm3-headphones/

https://www.techradar.com/news/audio/portable-audio/best-noise-cancelling-headphones-1280490

There are also lots of reviews that will go in favour of the Bose and I know people who love them. My point is, the bose is definitely not the runaway winner here. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Value for money the Plantronics are really hard overlook. I bought a set with some Ebucks burning a hole in my pocket.

Although the 1/3 of the price compared to the Bose QC35 they sound 4/5 as good.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. The plantronics are GREAT value for money. I bought them and found them to be pretty good. I do a fair amount of programming so noise cancelling is handy for this. In fact I enjoyed them so much that it made me realise I wanted the best I could find, at which point I gave them to my other half and (after a bit of research) went with the Sonys. The Sonys (and Bose) are on another level to the plantronics. They just make the rest of my office disappear basically. 

But using the same logic as you, at 1/3rd of the price they are much better than 1/3rd of the quality of the sonys. 

I've had my Bose Quiet Comfort's for about nine or ten years now (obviously the older QC15 model) and I love them.  There's nothing more I could want from a pair of headphones. 

Cost a pretty penny, but completely worth it for the years of joy they've brought each time I put them on. 

Cool the one that seems to pop up on a lot is the Bose, will go check it out, and the Sony too.

Some old school house and new age techno forms part of my library, so a little extra base is never a bad thing btw ;)

If you're looking for more bass then then Sony's are probably what you're after. I have the Bose and thought the sound is great, the bass is rather suppressed.

Can't comment on headphones, but the Bose QC20 in-ears are awesome.

I went for in-ears specifically for off-rad bike riding. They do a decent job at dulling the thump of the Husky's single cylinder when our on the bike for 10-12hrs of the day.

They say that wind (on body), vibration and noise all contribute heavily to fatigue. The Bose QC20's there the "cheapest" upgrade I have made to eliminate one of those 3.

Highly recommend!

Also have a set of QC20's.

Managed to sever one of the ear pieces though, cables are not as hardy as you would think.

Anybody know how to reattach the wires or of a place in Pretoria that could assist, please??

Had a look at the Bose (R6499) and the Sony(R5599 with a BT speaker) at the duty free.

The Bose looks and feels a little dated. The Sony is also very big. There was a Sen and a BO for about the same price as the Bose.

Had a look at the Bose (R6499) and the Sony(R5599 with a BT speaker) at the duty free.

The Bose looks and feels a little dated. The Sony is also very big. There was a Sen and a BO for about the same price as the Bose.

Did you at least test them at the duty free ?

If you want the best just cut to the chase and get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HE1. At roughly $55000 they’re worth every penny (so they say).

https://youtu.be/y4c9x3xBRsY

FYI to those who may be interested - Saw that Takealot Daily Deals have the JBL E65BTNCs on today for R1699 (Normally R3k).

Disclaimer: I know nothing about them, they have some not-so-great reviews on this thread, but being 25% of the price of the Bose/Sony, it's not really something to compare to I suppose.

I do alot of travel (usially 4h flights though), so if anyone has a review on these (bear in mind the sale price) then I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Scratch that. Read a few online reviews and it just sounds like I'd be disappointed. 

Edited by madbradd

Did you at least test them at the duty free ?

Yes, and to be honest they are both extremely good, probably better than I need, but ooooh so sexy.

Xqisit oe400
R1 789 at Celcom.co.za

Just saw this in popular mechanics. Might be worth looking at them.

Looks like a copy of Bose tbh...

Edited by Let's Ride

If you want the best just cut to the chase and get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HE1. At roughly $55000 they’re worth every penny (so they say).https://youtu.be/y4c9x3xBRsY

Going to be a bit complicated using that setup on a plane or bus... and sadly, no noise cancelling.