Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they would have just cancelled that noise!  :ph34r: 

Cool the one that seems to pop up on a lot is the Bose, will go check it out, and the Sony too.

Some old school house and new age techno forms part of my library, so a little extra base is never a bad thing btw ;)

Beats - crap

JBL- crap

Sony - Surprisingly very good.

Bose FTW

Which models did you own or is this referring to the brands in general?

I have the bose and they are awesome. Purchase them overseas. Far cheaper than locally.

When flying back on the plane it's the best. No aeroplane hum for over 10 hours.

Which models did you own or is this referring to the brands in general?

Beats is marketing hype so never even considered getting a set.

JBL... I have the E65BTNC I think it is. Looks great but the NC has been horrendous and now I get crackling in the one headset. Very disappointing.

Sony, I don't recall the model right now. It's a corded set but has been excellent every time I've used it.

Bose - I have the QC15. Bulletproof. Looking at getting the Bluetooth plug in module for them now.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

If youre willing to spend top dollar i wouldn't really consider anything else but the sony and the bose. The sony is basically better in every regard except for weight and comfort, where the bose takes first place. Both are excellent in all regards but the bose will just be slightly better for really long sessions like overseas flights. If youre not gonna use them for over like 4 hours at a time id just get the sony. The bose design is a little bit dated by now, for example still using micro usb charging as opposed to usb c.

Beats is marketing hype so never even considered getting a set.

JBL... I have the E65BTNC I think it is. Looks great but the NC has been horrendous and now I get crackling in the one headset. Very disappointing.

Sony, I don't recall the model right now. It's a corded set but has been excellent every time I've used it.

Bose - I have the QC15. Bulletproof. Looking at getting the Bluetooth plug in module for them now.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Damnit.

I have the exact same JBL's.

Now you've gone and cost me money

Never had a problem with beats, despite owning a few pairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of B&W PX if anyone is looking. Only used on one trip, in excellent condition and still habe the original packaging

Beats - crap

JBL- crap

Sony - Surprisingly very good. 

Bose FTW

My wife now has my Bose. Sony now my go to headphones. Very good and their wireless bluetooth setup is excellent. WH 1000's i think they are. All are pricey but if you travel a lot you only need one flight with a baby that can't equalize to be willing to lay out top dollar for the best you can get.

Bose for the win, bought my qc15's about 6 years ago and still going strong.(had to replace the ear cups).

Use them for when I fly overseas.

Goodbye airplane noise, baby's crying and the arbitrary cabin announcements.

As mentioned in thread, get them overseas (amazon), as they are much cheaper there.

You can also keep an eye on carbonite.co.za, seen quite a few going for a good price there in the past.

Other headphones that rock are senheiser's. but to be honest havent tried the noise cancelling ones.

Have a set of HD600's that I use all the time when im not travelling, they are awsome.

I have a set of JBL E65BTNC's.

Controls take a bit getting used to but they have real good noise cancelling, very comfortable and great sound.

Bought these for my wife to use on skype calls in open plan office. She is very happy so far, about R2500

I have the FIIL Diva Pro and the Bose 35II,  The FIIL is way ahead of the Bose as far as the features, Technology and  software goes and they have onboard memory as well so they can stand alone.

However They are on the ear so I find long periods on aircraft etc gets uncomfortable.

If FIIL produced their over ear with the onboard memory I would get a pair,