Love the bike, hate the paint job

Beard

I have a question for you seasoned riders... How important is the look of your bike? I assume when people buy a bike, how it looks is almost as important as specs and price.

The question I have is say im looking for a bike in a set budget and I find one, Its got all the specs I wanted and the frame design is perfect as well as the price... the only thing is the colour scheme or paint job... I really really dislike the colours.

Yes,  I know I can get it resprayed but to do that still costs a fair amount If I want it done properly (and potential bike is already at the top of my budget) and then what happens to the resale value should I want to sell it in a few years time? 

or do I suck it up and just ride a neon yellow bike that burns my eyes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second hand bikes hardly ever carry over the warranty so you might as well just buy it and respray it when you eventually get the money to do so, if you still want to. :clap:

Neon seems to be the new black :ph34r:

Just kidding, I would say ride it and give it time to grow on you, let's say 3 months. If it still bothers you big time, and you still love the ride, then talk to Bogus or Jared (BMC) about a respray. It will cost you R3 to 6000 depending on how complicated an artwork you want. The sky is the limit, but you MUST post the project here with lots of pictures! Or else! 

you have to ride and look at it...if it makes you sad then don't get it. lumo is a love hate thing i think. I personally like it in orange or red but not so much in yellow. Looks too much like construction or traffic department attire.

I understand how you feel because you want it NOW and you are probably trying to justify it because of that.

i never buy things that im not 100% sure about....because I know ill get buyer's remorse afterwards and start hating the thing and get rid of it anyway and get what i wanted in the first place lol.

I have a question for you seasoned riders... How important is the look of your bike? I assume when people buy a bike, how it looks is almost as important as specs and price.

The question I have is say im looking for a bike in a set budget and I find one, Its got all the specs I wanted and the frame design is perfect as well as the price... the only thing is the colour scheme or paint job... I really really dislike the colours.

Yes,  I know I can get it resprayed but to do that still costs a fair amount If I want it done properly (and potential bike is already at the top of my budget) and then what happens to the resale value should I want to sell it in a few years time? 

Whats wrong with neon yellow

whats wrong with neon yellow

Whats wrong with neon yellow

yellow is the worst color in the universe, id rather have a brown bicycle :ph34r:

yellow is the worst color in the universe, id rather have a brown bicycle :ph34r:

easily solved somewhere around day 4 or 5 of the Epic

I can't wait for the warranty to expire on my 2017 Scott Spark RC 900 Pro. Still 4 years to go, but I'm already planning my next Bogus Project! Has to be something glittery/sparkly/glow-in-the-darky type vibe for my next one... He did a fantastic job on my previous bike. I love my bike and feel no need to upgrade within the next ten years..I like the look and overall paintjob of my bike, but man I hate that little red pieces on the bike, even if it was just plain white it would make a huge difference for me.

easily solved somewhere around day 4 or 5 of the Epic

by mud or 'the runs' from the army catering?

Your bike has to make you feel a swell of pride and excitement when you see it and make you want to throw a leg over and go. no matter what you're supposed to be doing. If it makes you cringe and you're a bit embarrassed then don't get it or give it a make over. 

Each to their own... some people love Neon Yellow, I am unfortunately not one of those people. Pity that! 

Each to their own... some people love Neon Yellow, I am unfortunately not one of those people. Pity that! 

that just means you are normal imo  :whistling:

Kapoen? or Shakie?

I hope the guy that bought my previous bike isn't on the hub. Taking into account the cost of the paint job, I sold it for a R3000 profit after having it at Bogus. :ph34r:

Archived