Love the bike, hate the paint job

Beard

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, the mere thought hurts my head

ill have this over a lumo yellow bike? :huh:

you can call it chocolate starfish...a bit more sexy than 'bumblebee' :whistling:

post-64325-0-22127800-1554471439_thumb.jpg

yellow is the worst color in the universe, id rather have a brown bicycle :ph34r:

I don't mind yellow

post-50271-0-47717500-1554471627_thumb.jpg

I don't mind yellow

funny you posted this...I was just about to say that Santa Cruz don't seem to have a problem with painting bikes brown either haha

they have obviously had this exact discussion in house one friday afternoon

post-64325-0-55939800-1554471840_thumb.jpg

they have obviously had this exact discussion in house one friday afternoon

It must have been over many beers, and somebody lost a bet. :whistling:

Wait...

you just asked a bunch of peeps who can't agree about sock-length to discuss frame colour. Ja, it's Friday, but no need to be so pushy to start a fight... :whistling:

on a more serious tangent. If the bike ticks all the boxes apart from colour, then just have it Bogus'd...Thank me later.

easily solved somewhere around day 4 or 5 of the Epic

How do you know? How many have you done?! huh?!  :whistling: 

How do you know? How many have you done?! huh?!  :whistling: 

wait i know this question...

is it KAZILLION ?

:ph34r:

edit: font size for accuracy

The famous Bianchi Celeste started out like that. At first it was called ugly and legend has it that it was a late night rush job mistake in the paint shop. As it turned out, it became sought after and the most recognised bike colour of all. 

post-17716-0-51502900-1554472657_thumb.jpg

Not many call the dirty orange of the Molteni Eddy Merckx bikes pretty either, but if you see a bike in that colour, you KNOW what it is, and that it will fetch a few more thousand than another colour.

post-17716-0-75111400-1554473095_thumb.jpg

I can't wait for the warranty to expire on my 2017 Scott Spark RC 900 Pro. Still 4 years to go, but I'm already planning my next Bogus Project! Has to be something glittery/sparkly/glow-in-the-darky type vibe for my next one... He did a fantastic job on my previous bike. I love my bike and feel no need to upgrade within the next ten years..I like the look and overall paintjob of my bike, but man I hate that little red pieces on the bike, even if it was just plain white it would make a huge difference for me.

:offtopic:

Serious questions from a fellow SCOTT owner :

What does the warranty actually cover ?

Just the frame ?

And if it shows the scars from a fall or two ... is the warranty still worth anything ?

:offtopic:

Serious questions from a fellow SCOTT owner :

What does the warranty actually cover ?

Just the frame ?

And if it shows the scars from a fall or two ... is the warranty still worth anything ?

Yes, just the frame and rear triangle.

I actually have no idea about the scars. Would also like to find that out. I haven't had a fall with the bike, but I have a stack of left over tiles in my garage and accidentally nicked my frame on the edge of a tile leaving a nasty mark on the paint job of the frame. If that voids the warranty somehow I might just drop my bike at Bogus over the winter.

Archived