Post Ride Coffee

madbradd

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sometimes struggle with the concept that Cape Town is in the same country as JHB...

Granted, if I lived and worked in Sandton it would maybe come closer to that, but dayum you guys have it good!

On topic, I generally choose the stop based on two questions;

"What do you have on tap?",

If that's followed by any word besides "No" then I'm one foot in the door.

If its followed by any craft beer brand I've got one buttcheek down.

If my follow up question of "Which types of *insert pretentious craft beer brand* do you have?" is met with something along the lines of Red Ale, IPA or Stout, I may be late for lunch...

I sometimes struggle with the concept that Cape Town is in the same country as JHB...

Granted, if I lived and worked in Sandton it would maybe come closer to that, but dayum you guys have it good!

On topic, I generally choose the stop based on two questions;

"What do you have on tap?",

If that's followed by any word besides "No" then I'm one foot in the door.

If its followed by any craft beer brand I've got one buttcheek down.

If my follow up question of "Which types of *insert pretentious craft beer brand* do you have?" is met with something along the lines of Red Ale, IPA or Stout, I may be late for lunch...

I'm the opposite, I ask for a Castle or Black Label, and if the answer is "We do not sell any commercial brands" (which all brands are???), then I'm out. Not a fan of overpriced craft beer that tastes like crap. But then again, I have been called a cheapskate and scrooge on more than one occassion - so I'm gonna hazard a guess and say my point of view is in the minority!

The opposite applies to coffee though.... there I'm a bit of a snob.

PS, before I get flamed - I'm not saying there is anything wrong with all you craft beer lovers - just not for my underdeveloped pallete.

I'm the opposite, I ask for a Castle or Black Label, and if the answer is "We do not sell any commercial brands" (which all brands are???), then I'm out. Not a fan of overpriced craft beer that tastes like crap. But then again, I have been called a cheapskate and scrooge on more than one occassion - so I'm gonna hazard a guess and say my point of view is in the minority!

PS, before I get flamed - I'm not saying there is anything wrong with all you craft beer lovers - just not for my underdeveloped pallete.

Agreed, beer , wine, coffee is a personal preference , however, incorrect use of a word on Friday Eve is unacceptable

The palate is (1) the roof of the mouth, and (2) the sense of taste, and it's also a fancy word for flavor, especially in writing on beer / coffee and craft beer. A palette is the board painters use to hold and mix their colors.

Agreed, beer , wine, coffee is a personal preference , however, incorrect use of a word on Friday Eve is unacceptable

The palate is (1) the roof of the mouth, and (2) the sense of taste, and it's also a fancy word for flavor, especially in writing on beer / coffee and craft beer. A palette is the board painters use to hold and mix their colors.

Haha I had a feeling I was using it wrong when I was typing it!

But, this maybe explains why I cannot appreciate the finer things in life.

Agreed, beer , wine, coffee is a personal preference , however, incorrect use of a word on Friday Eve is

unacceptable

The palate is (1) the roof of the mouth, and (2) the sense of taste, and it's also a fancy word for flavor, especially in writing on beer / coffee and craft beer. A palette is the board painters use to hold and mix their colors.

And whilst giving English lessons I thought we could add that flavor is not an English word but flavour is

And whilst giving English lessons I thought we could add that flavor is not an English word but flavour is

Depends which side of the Atlantic you’re from, and you missed the Americanese spelling of color.

Stopped at Stroller today.

Bike rack right by the tables, friendly people, good coffee. Can recommend.

R20 for a coffee, looks like a winner

Oh, I may have come off as a snob, but I enjoy almost all beers (the exception being Lion and and all of the light beers I've tried), especially in draught format. I just prefer stronger, heavier beers which unfortunately aren't as freely available as other "commercial" beers.

Have to agree though, calling a Jack Black or a CBC a craft beer is akin to stating you're exclusive and a car connoisseur because you drive a 318i.

Oh, I may have come off as a snob, but I enjoy almost all beers (the exception being Lion and and all of the light beers I've tried), especially in draught format. I just prefer stronger, heavier beers which unfortunately aren't as freely available as other "commercial" beers.

Have to agree though, calling a Jack Black or a CBC a craft beer is akin to stating you're exclusive and a car connoisseur because you drive a 318i.

see if you can get your grubby paws on a franschoek co Belgium beer. Pricing is good, flavour excellent with the unfortunate 8.4% Alcohol content that comes with it... So drink responsibly.

I must be Lost.

I cant stand the Taste of the two things, most of you all seem to Love.

Coffee & Beer.

I am still to find a Jaunt that dislikes me being sweaty.

Must my adorable sexy bod.

Ps. i am just here to read your comments.

On the topic of beer.....You know what hasn't taken on with mtb riders which is a big thing with the offroad motorcycles is Shebeen hunting. Most of the offroad guys I know stop at a few shebeens along the way when riding in the bush. They don't care how bad you smell when you sitting on crates under a tree outside.

Just like the lazy use of Math... It's maths FFS.

Archived