Post Ride Coffee

madbradd

Hello Madbradd

So When the Girls and I have just been to the Gym, all in our Leotards and Gear.

Will we be Welcome?

Ag nee sies man - let's not push it too far.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ag nee sies man - let's not push it too far.

Hello Porqui

How can the Girls be allowed to go Anywhere in their Leotard and Tights.

Some Girls live in a Leotard and Tights.

Shopping

With kids to School

Restaurants...

But Cyclists are turned Away.

Stop Judging

As a cyclist I obviously view the world slightly differently ... seeing cyclists at a coffee shop I always have a look at the their bikes.  Did they do a long road ride to get there, do they know of some new single track for MTB's in the area, etc ?

Obviously the likes of Carlucci at Meerendal has figured out that cyclists and runners are a good stream of income !  And there are certainly enough "other" customers that the sight of a middle aged men in tights are not to revolting, or on balance the sight of the fairer sex in said tights is a good drawing card .....  :whistling:

Franschoek .... well here are MANY coffee shops that also see a steady stream of income from cyclists.  We often drive out that way in the car, and have not once been put off by the smell of cyclists.

I will comment on the etiquette after my first post ride coffee (still due!), but reason for this is I'm superstitious over drinking caffeine after exercising.
Don't people rather want to spend that coffee money on another trail entrance fee or energy food for a second ride? :ph34r:

I will comment on the etiquette after my first post ride coffee (still due!), but reason for this is I'm superstitious over drinking caffeine after exercising.

Don't people rather want to spend that coffee money on another trail entrance fee or energy food for a second ride? :ph34r:

If you worked hard a recovery drink is essential for your muscles............like a chocolate milkshake

Fietsry en koffie loop saam soos boude.

Sorry but that expression does not translate well.

I've yet to be asked to leave because of my cycling attire, but if I am I'll take my coffee as a takeaway and simply won't return.

That being said, I sit outside, leave my helmet on my bike and ride in baggies. And woe to someone in our group who wears a helmet at the coffee table.

The Winelands are used to seeing active people everywhere, for some even going to the mall is an occasion for Activewear.

Don't come here with your blasphemy....Caffeine is the oldest form of doping, and you want to preach your clean cycling living here...this is not the thread for it.

Hello Porqui

Shopping

With kids to School

Restaurants...

Stop Judging

Frail raises a damned good point on attire.

I've seen a few comments both on this thread and others about not exposing others to your fruit and 2 veg, but what about the countless females that walk around in pants so tight a lip reader can understand every word she says ? Why arent they shunned.

The sweaty part can be understood, but as has been mentioned, sweaty stuff off the table or leave it on the bike, and be considerate of others currently there or coming after you.

Post topic is "post ride" so I assume you are ending where you parked your car, otherwise it would be mid ride coffee in which case you probably stopping at a coffee shop that is mainly serving or targeted at cyclists where they likely don't mind.

Is that a LSD ride or is it a 3/4 stage tour de coffee shop? 

It is meant to be LSD but your tour de coffee shop name sounds better. Think I will use that one in future.

If teasers etc served coffee(maybe they do?) then I think I might have to have a change of clothes on hand...............

Hello Porqui

Shopping

With kids to School

Restaurants...

Stop Judging

Frail raises a damned good point on attire.

I've seen a few comments both on this thread and others about not exposing others to your fruit and 2 veg, but what about the countless females that walk around in pants so tight a lip reader can understand every word she says ? Why arent they shunned....

We're one step away from "people of walmart"

The wise wont go there, the rest can "thank me later" https://www.google.com/search?q=people+of+walmart&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidh83nwsLhAhXB6aQKHW5eCtQQ_AUIDigB&biw=1280&bih=578#imgrc=EHLiZSOHn8hPWM:

post-41145-0-78338700-1554796243_thumb.jpg

I've seen a few comments both on this thread and others about not exposing others to your fruit and 2 veg, but what about the countless females that walk around in pants so tight a lip reader can understand every word she says ? Why arent they shunned.

Want daai dame met die fluisterlipppies is waarskynlik sag op die oog, maar bitter min mense vind 'n man met 'n skinderbroek lekker om na te kyk.

Archived