Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vanzweelism

You can teach the kids and young ones valuable lessons with your ideas, life lessons challenges and courage. The swearing in your presentation won’t serve them well. ⚠

You have fire in your belly to take on a massive challenge. Be safe out there, man, especially the multiple descending at warp speed.

You can't be serious bro? This oke is an asshole deluxe!

You can't be serious bro? This oke is an asshole deluxe!

Have you ever met 'Dale? He is not one to judge someone how we all judging this vegan dude(Don't worry, I am of the same opinion as you). But 'Dale is a genuine good guy, better than most of us here. I have only met him briefly once but you can see from his social media accounts that I am not wrong. 

I agree. I’ve held my tongue for a long time on this thread, but people really need to give the guy a break. A quick look on his strava and you’ll see that he is putting in the work to try and take this everesting world record.

I think he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he said a normal everesting would be easy for him. Most of us (myself included) could not imagine how 8848m of climbing in one ride could be an easy feat. Vanzweel has done multiple rides of over 500km’s and is banging out half everest’s in a little over 4 hours.. so for him perhaps a full everest at a chilled pace is nothing big.

There is also a huge difference between just doing an everesting and breaking the world record. Find a local climb you enjoy and work out on the everesting online calculator how fast you would have to ride up and down it in order to break the world record (which i believe is 8H43M?) then go out and try to hold that pace for an hour if you can. Then imagine holding it for over 8 hours! I don’t consider myself a bad climber but i can tell you that climbing 1000m per hour up the same climb is HARD.

I appreciate you voicing your opinion in this way.

I don't agree with *some* of it though. Undermining the difficulty of everesting is an insult to everyone who's completed it and everyone who has attempted, gave their best and failed.

Also swearing because they think its cool is lame and alienates some viewers.

Also being arrogant and then failing in your preparation alludes to the person being a spineless BS'er (harsh critique, I know!) and almost no serious or smart person has tolerance for a BS'er.

At the rate this dude is doing his "planning" and whatever, I'll be finishing an everest before him.

Yes Philip, it's most likely not going to be necessary because this hill here in PTA is already good for the challenge.

That's what you said the first time and it was a wash. I'm really starting to wonder how you got where you are from what I see so far.

I appreciate you voicing your opinion in this way.

I don't agree with *some* of it though. Undermining the difficulty of everesting is an insult to everyone who's completed it and everyone who has attempted, gave their best and failed.

Also swearing because they think its cool is lame and alienates some viewers.

Also being arrogant and then failing in your preparation alludes to the person being a spineless BS'er (harsh critique, I know!) and almost no serious or smart person has tolerance for a BS'er.

At the rate this dude is doing his "planning" and whatever, I'll be finishing an everest before him.

That's what you said the first time and it was a wash. I'm really starting to wonder how you got where you are from what I see so far.

This dude is starting to remind me of Swen ...

I only created an account so that i can comment on this thread

Perhaps you should have read it thoroughly before letting your tongue loose - the guy acted like a mouthy tool and rightfully got lambasted - he took his lumps and is trying to make amends it seems - I can’t believe I just added to this thread

Have you ever met 'Dale? He is not one to judge someone how we all judging this vegan dude(Don't worry, I am of the same opinion as you). But 'Dale is a genuine good guy, better than most of us here. I have only met him briefly once but you can see from his social media accounts that I am not wrong. 

I’m not judging ‘Dale, I just don’t think an attention seeking, narcissistic bullcr@p artist should ever be considered an appropriate role model for children.

Now on the other hand F.R.A.I.L. is a worthy role model, humble, respectful, honest and ALWAYS raising money for the less fortunate.

I’m not judging ‘Dale, I just don’t think an attention seeking, narcissistic bullcr@p artist should ever be considered an appropriate role model for children.

Now on the other hand F.R.A.I.L. is a worthy role model, humble, respectful, honest and ALWAYS raising money for the less fortunate.

Hello avatar-cousin. My avatar is an accurate response to yours.

Sorry non everest related - can make it to be :ph34r:

Goodluck, was thinking about coming out to see you in CPT but see it's changed to JHB, all the best for your attempt. :)