Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair if BD had to go for it and get the robot timing right he would take it easily. Even in 2015 when I was riding well(15/16 I had a few podiums on the tandem) I still wouldn't have been able to take a KOM like that from BD.

agree totally, he will be able to take it like any that he goes for and still standing today. 

Please enlighten us, oh wise one.

The planet can't sustainably support 7 billion plus human meat eaters.

that simple.

I still eat meat, just not nearly as much as in the past, that works for me.

The planet can't sustainably support 7 billion plus human meat eaters.

that simple.

I still eat meat, just not nearly as much as in the past, that works for me.

That is actually not true. 

Good. Learn from him....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Please enlighten us, oh wise one.

There are several worthwhile reasons to veganism, such as a variety of cruelty to animals and unsustainable practices (live skinning or unethical skinning farms, throat slitting and hanging, injecting prawns to falsify values, etc), but yea, if someone cared, they'd find out for themselves.

Just because I boycott halaal meat doesn't mean I walk through pnp doing a live feed of me swearing and brandishing it and traumatising kids of videos where cows moo and writhe in agony. I do it for myself and explain when asked, but Vanzweelism seems to do his vegan stuff for internet points.

Dear OP your "integrity" has just gone from bad to NONE!

Quote from OP's Blog

"I don’t have a problem with people doping to win races as I understand that it’s just part of pro sport. People want to see riders who are freak shows on the bike.

If I was serious about being a pro cyclist I would have taken EPO and done it properly. 8 x 5 minute hill repeats and a diet of bananas and bread is good but you’re going to need more than that if you really want to be a big name and destroy the competition."

Quote from OP's Blog

"I don’t have a problem with people doping to win races as I understand that it’s just part of pro sport. People want to see riders who are freak shows on the bike.

If I was serious about being a pro cyclist I would have taken EPO and done it properly. 8 x 5 minute hill repeats and a diet of bananas and bread is good but you’re going to need more than that if you really want to be a big name and destroy the competition."

WTAF????? 

Not eating properly has fried this okes brain.

I tried Google but came up short.... Has anyone ever Everested on foot in 24 hours?

:offtopic:

I have a 390m ascent mountain path behind my house. I went up there today and wondered if anyone had ever done a sub 24 hour Everest on foot.... 23 ascents and 23 descents.... 62 minutes per ascent/descent... 

It seems feasible but there is very little fat or margin for error. Might need a better man than me to pull it off. 

Maybe after MacMac.

http://www.climbing.co.za/2014/04/world-record-setting-run-calitz-table-mountain/

That is an insane South African athlete who went out and did what he claimed he would...

Not quite under the everesting rules but Kilian klapped 23000m in 24 hours on foot (ski's) the other day to see what he is capable off.  And no, there was no ski lifts involved, they actually ski uphill as well.  Utter madness... https://www.strava.com/activities/2133695655

He is also the current record holder on mount Everest itself, did it twice in one week as his tummy was upset the first time.  Second time was around 17 odd hours if I remember correctly.  His website has they articles/videos.

I'm not vegan but I can totally understand the vegan viewpoint and the compulsion to broadcast it. I don't want to speak on behalf of Vanzweelism but before you all have a moan about it, consider the possibility that in the eyes of a vegan, farming with animals is tantamount to slavery. Instead of human slavery, the animals are the slaves. Some of us turn a blind eye to it because its inconvenient to confront the reality and we pay more attention to our palates than our consciences. But vegans can't do that, they acknowledge the massive injustice and feel the need to do something about it. In the same way that I think many of you wouldn't be able to sit idly by and "keep it to yourself" if you came across a situation of human slavery or human genocide. You would feel compelled to speak out against it. It could well be that the vegans see no difference between that kind of atrocity and the animal agriculture industry and to expect them not to be vocal about it just demonstrates a lack of understanding and a failure to put yourself in their shoes. Its not like they are being vocal about some dietary fad, they are being vocal about something which they equate to murder. And that's only one of a number of justifications for being vegan.

And we should all welcome having our viewpoints challenged by people who see things differently. If you have a proper way to rationalise your lifestlye then you have no need to feel threatened by challenges to it, and if not, then perhaps you need to reconsider your lifestyle. There is no personal growth and development in living in an echo-chamber.

On the other hand though, if you are an adult who is offended by swear words, then perhaps we still have a long way to go before we have any hope of being a progressive society.

Quote from OP's Blog

This is the kind of sunny outlook that you can only get from having your head permanently up your own arse.

SNIP

On the other hand though, if you are an adult who is offended by swear words, then perhaps we still have a long way to go before we have any hope of being a progressive society.

Isn't the whole purpose of the existence of a swear word to offend? Otherwise it would just be labelled a word:huh:

Isn't the whole purpose of the existence of a swear word to offend? Otherwise it would just be labelled a word:huh:

It is exactly that, just a word.