Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

Ok, so other than farming which is either ethical or not, there is no other benefit to being vegan?

Or do I have sharp teeth in the front of my mouth for no reason?

When it comes to farming etc, I suppose to a certain extent ignorance is bliss. Don't get me wrong, I am all for animal rights. I have plenty at home who are not just pets, but part of the family. But humans have evolved to be omnivores. So sometimes the 'survival of the fittest' saying comes into play. We've hunted animals for thousands of years, so in my eyes, eating animals is completely fine.

I do agree with unethical farming and all the nasty stuff that should be stopped. It absolutely should. But I am still going to eat meat and I am still going to troll an internet vegan looking for attention when ever I come across one.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the folks intent on derailing this thread by discussing veganism, there is an 85 page thread dedicated to this topic right here on the Hub: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179556-the-veganism-thread/page-1

Have a gander. You'll soon come to realise that virtually all of the questions you may have or remarks you'd like to make, is discussed there. If you have other questions, drop it in there. 

Let's rather keep this thread on topic (i.e. the Everesting attempt(s)). 

Ok, so other than farming which is either ethical or not, there is no other benefit to being vegan?

Or do I have sharp teeth in the front of my mouth for no reason?

When it comes to farming etc, I suppose to a certain extent ignorance is bliss. Don't get me wrong, I am all for animal rights. I have plenty at home who are not just pets, but part of the family. But humans have evolved to be omnivores. So sometimes the 'survival of the fittest' saying comes into play. We've hunted animals for thousands of years, so in my eyes, eating animals is completely fine.

I do agree with unethical farming and all the nasty stuff that should be stopped. It absolutely should. But I am still going to eat meat and I am still going to troll an internet vegan looking for attention when ever I come across one.

I can appreciate that you may have your reasons for why its ok to eat meat and that's totally cool. But I think arguing that someone who thinks eating meat is unjustifiably cruel should just shut up about it is a little unfair.

Edit: And letting it affect the way you feel about a world record attempt is also unfortunate.

Edited by Pall Catt

Very intellectual argument that.

It absolutely is true, your children will one day find that out for themselves.

I have actually done a LOT of research wrt to this topic. 

Maybe read this topic with an OPEN mind

https://medium.com/@drewfrench/grass-fed-beef-the-most-vegan-item-in-the-supermarket-8c46b45a0d47

Also, just like there are farms that abuse animals there are also ones that do not. And those are the ones I support. I do not just buy meat I make SURE I know where it comes from. 

PnP does not see my money for meat for excample.

I can appreciate that you may have your reasons for why its ok to eat meat and that's totally cool. But I think arguing that someone who thinks eating meat is unjustifiably cruel should just shut up about it is a little unfair.

This OP is not just doing that, he is also being a total hypocrite about it, and he posted to me that I should do research  on what veganism is (ie the lifestyle)

While he does not even adhere to 50% or the so-called "lifestyle" he apparently subscribes to.

He is also a Big Durainrider supporter and that should say a lot already

Edit: And letting it affect the way you feel about a world record attempt is also unfortunate.

I actually have no interest in this guys world record attempt.  Not because he's vegan. Because he has proved in many other ways that he's actually just a bit of a box.

And I am not for shutting up anyone who actually believe in what they stand for, just those that shove it in your face every chance they get just to get some attention.

SNIP

On the other hand though, if you are an adult who is offended by swear words, then perhaps we still have a long way to go before we have any hope of being a progressive society.

Interesting take you have there, why is it then that swear words are banned on the hub? Does the hub still have a long way to go? 

Fun fact.. There's a thread dedicated to veganism.. It's aptly titled.. The vegan thread...USE IT!!

We are not discussing Veganism, we are discussing the OP's Veganism and claims and shouts about being Vegan, and also willing to dope. 

Can someone please ping me when we're talking Everesting again. Dankie

Me too please.

For all of the folks intent on derailing this thread by discussing veganism, there is an 85 page thread dedicated to this topic right here on the Hub: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179556-the-veganism-thread/page-1

Have a gander. You'll soon come to realise that virtually all of the questions you may have or remarks you'd like to make, is discussed there. If you have other questions, drop it in there.

Let's rather keep this thread on topic (i.e. the Everesting attempt(s)).

100%. Back to the attempt on a cycling record.

Everest attempt is happening this weekend. Record attempt is happening the 26th. I'm keen to see the stats difference between the first completed everesting and the current record.

How safe is telkom tower street for this?

Edited by Gandalf