Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

Moderator warning

Please keep this thread on topic, for vegan discussion and debate go here

Language: To the OP and everyone, while we respect your approach to the use of language on your own social media channels, please respect our policies with regards to the use of language on Bike Hub

We won't tolerate:

Abusive or disruptive comments.

This includes:

• Swearing or otherwise foul language (including abbreviations or alternative spellings).

• Harassment and Threats: Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs. Any threat or intimation of a threat.

• Personal attacks / flaming: You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it

• Use multiple accounts: With the exception of members who have separate business / brand and personal profiles any member found to use duplicate profiles with the intent to cause trouble, evade negative ratings or troll will receive an immediate ban.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of an hour ago the attempt of Sun 12 May is still on. And there's a vegan braai on offer for those who wish to attend and sample...

RE Facebook.

I'm not vegan but I can totally understand the vegan viewpoint and the compulsion to broadcast it. I don't want to speak on behalf of Vanzweelism but before you all have a moan about it, consider the possibility that in the eyes of a vegan, farming with animals is tantamount to slavery. Instead of human slavery, the animals are the slaves. Some of us turn a blind eye to it because its inconvenient to confront the reality and we pay more attention to our palates than our consciences. But vegans can't do that, they acknowledge the massive injustice and feel the need to do something about it. In the same way that I think many of you wouldn't be able to sit idly by and "keep it to yourself" if you came across a situation of human slavery or human genocide. You would feel compelled to speak out against it. It could well be that the vegans see no difference between that kind of atrocity and the animal agriculture industry and to expect them not to be vocal about it just demonstrates a lack of understanding and a failure to put yourself in their shoes. Its not like they are being vocal about some dietary fad, they are being vocal about something which they equate to murder. And that's only one of a number of justifications for being vegan.

And we should all welcome having our viewpoints challenged by people who see things differently. If you have a proper way to rationalise your lifestlye then you have no need to feel threatened by challenges to it, and if not, then perhaps you need to reconsider your lifestyle. There is no personal growth and development in living in an echo-chamber.

On the other hand though, if you are an adult who is offended by swear words, then perhaps we still have a long way to go before we have any hope of being a progressive society.

Well said sir!

OP did not take the time to go to the vegans thread to bring up veganism it so why must we? It is posted by the OP in the 1st post so it is relevant.

Also humans are the least sustainable things so in reality having children is the biggest no environmentally, eating meat is a minor inconvenience.

As of an hour ago the attempt of Sun 12 May is still on. And there's a vegan braai on offer for those who wish to attend and sample...

RE Facebook.

His Mom won't be happy.

It is exactly that, just a word.

Not exactly.

Go post a video where you just say the k-word repeatedly on your social media pages and ask you followers to forward it to all their contacts etc and get back to us whether your explanation of "it's just a word" prevents a social media mob justice and possible imprisonment.

Words mean things, they aren't just letters arranged in a random fashion.

Not exactly.

Go post a video where you just say the k-word repeatedly on your social media pages and ask you followers to forward it to all their contacts etc and get back to us whether your explanation of "it's just a word" prevents a social media mob justice and possible imprisonment.

Words mean things, they aren't just letters arranged in a random fashion.

In my books, the K-word is an insult, not a swear word. There's a difference.

Anyway, I don't really want to delve too deeply into it, I'm sure Vanzweelism has probably hurled insults too (again, maybe in the same way you might find it justifiable to hurl insults at a murderer/rapist if you disagree with murder/rape, maybe not) and I'm not here to defend him, I just think if you're going to unquestionably reason that everyone who uses the f-word (or shoves veganism down your throat) is a fool, you're going to miss out on a lot in life and I dont think people should have such rigid rules about evaluating someone's character. People are full of surprises and you should allow yourself the opportunity to experience those surprises. It is also true though, that often people will just disappoint you.

Edited by Pall Catt

ugh...the world needs another great equaliser like a world war or something so people can realise just how DUMB some of the things are they consider important now.

Anyway...I'll take my pre-written warning and leave.

PS...if you don't know the origin and/or are unable to recite the below meme in the original tune/gravitas....then you are probably part of the problem somewhere on the internet :whistling:

post-64325-0-37652800-1557197884_thumb.jpg

RE Facebook.

More on this from Facebook, 12 May is an Everest attempt in PTA. 2 weeks later will be a speed record attempt in Somerset W.

In my books, the K-word is an insult, not a swear word. There's a difference.

Anyway, I don't really want to delve too deeply into it, I'm sure Vanzweelism has probably hurled insults too (again, maybe in the same way you might find it justifiable to hurl insults at a murderer/rapist if you disagree with murder/rape, maybe not) and I'm not here to defend him, I just think if you're going to unquestionably reason that everyone who uses the f-word (or shoves veganism down your throat) is a fool, you're going to miss out on a lot in life and I dont think people should have such rigid rules about evaluating someone's character. People are full of surprises and you should allow yourself the opportunity to experience those surprises. It is also true though, that often people will just disappoint you.

Agree on the F word is not the same as the k word. Then again the F word can also be an insult on our way of thinking.

The difference do come that he thinks he can run his mouth and people must accept his view points and insult us that is not vegan's. That's where you are looking for a "fight". I do have a lot of words for him but not over social media but to his face, that's how stuff gets sorted.

More on this from Facebook, 12 May is an Everest attempt in PTA. 2 weeks later will be a speed record attempt in Somerset W.

Also saw on Fb yesterday that Wimpie is also doing another Everest on the 9 May I think. The gradient is ave 12 If I recall correctly