[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

Same, there's no shame in a DNE hey Hairy.

Yeah, DNE as well. Got a Dads N' Daughters camp out on Saturday night so that scuppers my event. Missed last years camp out with the little lady because I was overseas so there was no way she was going to issue a pass this year. Good luck to all. Going to stick my head in the sand and pretend that nothing is happening this weekend. 

On the upside guessing I'm going to have Tokai all to myself Sunday arvo! 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at least one DNE that will be at Tokkies on Sunday.

Great we can both pretend we're not at all bothered that we're missing out. 

Great we can both pretend we're not at all bothered that we're missing out. 

I tried to get him to enter. We did 3 of the stages together a few weeks ago and hes been on a drive to lose his front airbag. Sadly no dice.

I noticed some peeps where shuttling today.If i knew that was a option i could've compressed a month of training into maybe two days of Shuttling.I saw they closed the Gate this afternoon to stop Bakkies from shuttling.

I noticed some peeps where shuttling today.If i knew that was a option i could've compressed a month of training into maybe two days of Shuttling.I saw they closed the Gate this afternoon to stop Bakkies from shuttling.

Shuttling at Jonkers is a no no, whoever was doing it was breaking the rules (or had some sort of special permission). Cars are only allowed on the circle route. The jeep track on the mountain are for MTO (or pre-arranged) access only. Edited by Grease_Monkey

I saw atleast two Bakkies Shuttling yesterday.Infact i can confirm after talking to a friend that theres been shuttling going on for atleast two days

Edited by -Julz-

So according to the race briefing in our inbox's, it states all features will be open: 

"All trail features will be open, and well-marked with ridable lines around."

However whilst flicking through Instagram, doing my morning business, I watched the latest story by Wildair TV, where they recon the Plumber trail, and specifically say that the rock drops and stepup will be closed. 

I figured they wouldn't just broadcast wrong info to the world but it is a little contradicting to say the least. Can anyone confirm whats going on? 

Official race briefing vs social media. It's hardly a tough call as to which one holds the greater clout.

And this:

BOTTOM OF PLUMBER NOT INCLUDED (the jumps sections). The pre-race videos have been awesome but they are not 100% correct so on race day please follow signs and listen to marshalls and not your memory!

It's an EWS qualifier. They'll let the skilled riders shred  :clap:

Listen to HARRY. LISTEN! 

Its like asking google if that infection is really that bad when your docter tells you its time to go to hospital or lose a limb.

So according to the race briefing in our inbox's, it states all features will be open: 

"All trail features will be open, and well-marked with ridable lines around."

However whilst flicking through Instagram, doing my morning business, I watched the latest story by Wildair TV, where they recon the Plumber trail, and specifically say that the rock drops and stepup will be closed. 

I figured they wouldn't just broadcast wrong info to the world but it is a little contradicting to say the least. Can anyone confirm whats going on? 

Edited by anybody seen george?

Listen to HARRY. LISTEN!

Its like asking google if that infection is really that bad when your docter tells you its time to go to hospital or lose a limb.

There's a massive difference between Harry and Dan.

I wouldn't listen to Harry, at all. Dan yes!

Also to those that entered. Please pay attention to where Harry says: 

• Place your watches on your right hand, facing downwards.
  • At the stage finish, keep your hand on your handlebar – the timer will find your watch and clock you out!

Some more tips from a timing marshall's perspective: 

• If you wear a long sleeve jersey make sure the watch is over the sleeve. As it can sometimes cause interference.
  • Its not our jobs as marshalls to chase after you if you overshot us by 5m at the end. We give you enough room to slow down at the end (use front brake and hang over rear wheel/endo it in/what ever just stop by us.)
  • KEEP YOU HAND ON THE HANDLEBAR PLEASE!!!!
  • Another thing, stop yapping that some of us take forever to time you out. Sometimes it is instant, other times it takes a second or two but KEEP YOU HAND ON THE HANDLEBAR PLEASE!!!!

Ya ya ya... I'm getting roasted for asking a question and you are all answering me based on the exact info that I have.  But I have also seen exceptions to what is said in the race briefing and it will effect my run/crawl. Its not like It will make the difference between being 100th or 200th Its just the kind of trail that one wants to mentally prepare yourself for what you're about to go through.