[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

Event Name: EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro
When: 6 October 2019
Where: Jonkershoek Trail Centre, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

Round 3 and it's a big one. We have South African Enduro Champs, Western Cape Champs and a first ever Enduro World Series qualifier event all on South African soil.

We're heading deep in the Jonkershoek mountains to a stellar setting that plays host to the 5 stage enduro race which will include descending and well, more descending. The stages are not going to be easy cause it's 100% enduro time.

Remember to wear all your standard protective gear and take note that if you're new to the sport, take it easy and you'll be fine. However, if you're racing to beat your bro's and girl's then prep yourself as JHK can get rough and wild at speed.

More info to follow but make sure that you cancel everything else cause the Sunday's gonna be wild.

And yes, there will be a category for all e-bikes.

Go to Event Page

hubevents-145955-0-36544200-1557319220_thumb.jpg

hubevents-145955-0-06777200-1557319246_thumb.jpg

hubevents-145955-0-76542300-1557319262_thumb.jpg

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

are the entries open yet on Entry Ninja? Searching yields nix other than rounds 1 and 2, and the all-season pass. But nothing for round 3 only.

Not open yet. Give us time ;)

are the entries open yet on Entry Ninja? Searching yields nix other than rounds 1 and 2, and the all-season pass. But nothing for round 3 only.

• 3 weeks later...

What trails are you going to inlcude in the race?

We will probably only find out the week before.

But prepare for Plumber, Iron Monkey and the DH Track. Then the easier trails will fall in place.

Okes it's in October!

So rad to see people so keen though.

We will probably only find out the week before.
But prepare for Plumber, Iron Monkey and the DH Track. Then the easier trails will fall in place.

I thought Plumber, Red Phoenix, Iron Monkey, Armageddon and a new specially cut race line for SA Champs....

Do you really think they will use the DH line? There are a lot of big gaps and obstacles which don't have a chicken line.

Okes it's in October!

I thought Plumber, Red Phoenix, Iron Monkey, Armageddon and a new specially cut race line for SA Champs....

Do you really think they will use the DH line? There are a lot of big gaps and obstacles which don't have a chicken line.

Honestly I don't know. Haven't gone down the DH line in yonks.

Okes it's in October!

This is one I wont miss. Those are some pretty intimidating stages I might add. I cant see myself getting through the day without taking at least one tumble. Many of those stages are very physical If not darn right brutal. Cant Imagine what Its going to feel like after 3 stages! Taping my hands to the bars before Iron Monkey. 

Whats the chances of us riding Lances trail? (Status Quo)

I have not done the new DH line at all, Isn't Iron Monkey the old DH line? Better start looking for a heavy duty rear Tyre so long. And muscle up!

Edited by Bos

This is one I wont miss. Those are some pretty intimidating stages I might add. I cant see myself getting through the day without taking at least one tumble. Many of those stages are very physical If not darn right brutal. Cant Imagine what Its going to feel like after 3 stages! Taping my hands to the bars before Iron Monkey. 

Whats the chances of us riding Lances trail? (Status Quo)

I have not done the new DH line at all, Isn't Iron Monkey the old DH line? Better start looking for a heavy duty rear Tyre so long. And muscle up!

Status is a level above Iron Monkey ito technicality. Iron Monkey is the old double black, yeah. Then tehre's the Nationals / Provincials "Main" DH line as well. I don't think Status will be in it. If it is, a lot of the field will be walking it, in my opinion