Which Multitool

ABrooks

I love the Blackburn Switch Wrap. So much so that I have one on both bikes with a tyre lever and a Ryder Slugplug in each. The tool is a pleasure to work with. Sadly it does not have the tiny Allen key I need to adjust my derailleur limit screws, so I'll probably saw one shorter and put it in the mesh.

I then carry a squishy bag pouch with my co2 adapter, a tiny Leatherman, car keys, ICE details,cash and an emergency gu in my back pocket.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a knife I just carry a small blade of a utility knife. Very minimalistic and light but it is is just to cut off a plug end to not rub against the frame.

That is brilliant! I have safety razor blades that come in a little plastic box. May start carrying that because the plug thing is a real issue. Will also play nicely with the zip ties I carry. 

Feather_bc153af4-ea7a-4504-9492-89064e2d

That is brilliant! I have safety razor blades that come in a little plastic box. May start carrying that because the plug thing is a real issue. Will also play nicely with the zip ties I carry. 

That will also work but I prefer the blade in my pic because the 1 edge is not sharp so makes it a bit safer and easier to use.

The full utility knife is so light anyway it will probably only add like 15g to carry the full knife:

R9107245-01.jpg

I love the Blackburn Switch Wrap. So much so that I have one on both bikes with a tyre lever and a Ryder Slugplug in each. The tool is a pleasure to work with. Sadly it does not have the tiny Allen key I need to adjust my derailleur limit screws, so I'll probably saw one shorter and put it in the mesh.

I then carry a squishy bag pouch with my co2 adapter, a tiny Leatherman, car keys, ICE details,cash and an emergency gu in my back pocket.

What about the kitchen sink??!!

my friend carries that. The one with the slipped disc in his back.

That would be me haha, pretty much every spare imgaginable. But I've gotten better :)

Used to lug around a spare set of brake pads in my backpack - I realise now that was a bit excessive!

Feather_bc153af4-ea7a-4504-9492-89064e2d

Better have something with you to protect your fingers[emoji6]

Blackburn switch tool with something like a leatherman would be all the tools I could possibly need. Anything more and it is probably beyond riding. My main issue with the current multitools is that they are so short and difficult to fit into small areas such as rear derailleur limit screws.

Blackburn switch tool with something like a leatherman would be all the tools I could possibly need. Anything more and it is probably beyond riding. My main issue with the current multitools is that they are so short and difficult to fit into small areas such as rear derailleur limit screws.

That's why the Wayside is so attractive with it detachable allen key holder that holds a 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, & 5mm conventional L shaped allen key plus it has the knife

Crank Bros F15 Multi Tool , with chain break and spoke wrenches , even has 

a bottle opener for that after ride groovy   :clap:   

post-122971-0-07710800-1558448926_thumb.jpg

Edited by HuckNorris

Crank Bros F15 Multi Tool , with chain break and spoke wrenches , even has 

a bottle opener  :clap:   

Unnecessary weight if you have spd pedals.

That's why the Wayside is so attractive with it detachable allen key holder that holds a 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, & 5mm conventional L shaped allen key plus it has the knife

Any local shops that sell these ?

That Wayside DOES look super nice !!