World Cup cricket

IceCreamMan

Fantastic win by Pakistan..just fantastic..

They had an absolute shocker against the West Indies, then react with a complete turnaround to beat the hosts ? I smell a betting rat...............after all this is Pakistan  :ph34r:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had an absolute shocker against the West Indies, then react with a complete turnaround to beat the hosts ? I smell a betting rat...............after all this is Pakistan  :ph34r:

So are we saying it was the England team that threw the game? Pakistan were actually playing according to their form book against the Windies.

It is the England performance that should raise suspicion  :ph34r:

So are we saying it was the England team that threw the game? Pakistan were actually playing according to their form book against the Windies.

It is the England performance that should raise suspicion  :ph34r:

What about the #proteafire.......  :wacko:

Graeme Joffe wrote the following:

"I was asked by a number of twitter followers to please expand on my tweet ... so, here goes!

On the field, the Proteas made a lot of schoolboy errors against Bangladesh in all departments. The most glaring was to win the toss AGAIN and bowl first AGAIN. I remember as captain of the Fairways Primary Ter Horst (U9/U10) team in the 80s, our coach, Jimmy Cook told us, you win the toss, you always bat first. So, not sure what has changed since or how the Proteas can think they’re good chasers at a World Cup. Their record certainly doesn’t show it and scoreboard pressure is a real thing. The bowling and fielding was flat and then they forgot to keep a right/left handed batting combo going at a crucial time.

I’m not a cricket expert but after eight years of investigating the systemic corruption, maladministration and nepotism in SA sport, I can safely say, all three have a dire effect on overall performance.

Let’s start with Border cricket who in the last five years has gotten close to R50 million from the National Lottery.

Yes, R50 million!

No-one can shed light on what the R50 million was used for apart from some officials using it to fund their own lavish lifestyles.

Had that R50 million been used for grass roots development, structured academies and for looking after some young disadvantaged talent, cricket would have been the winner. Instead, kids have given up on their dream and given up on the sport.

Border cricket is a ghost.

Cricket SA (CSA) is one of the wealthiest federations and also gets millions from the National Lottery. But you still have the player drain (Kolpak) and others who can’t make a living from the game throwing in the towel.

Where’s all the money going?

So, you’ve lost depth at a schoolboy, amateur and provincial level which doesn’t bode well for the national team and you end up picking half a squad of veterans for the 2019 World Cup who have already failed at previous World Cups.

No depth and no fight for places in the squad!

There’s no longer strength vs strength at the provincial level either which has been watered down to almost a club competition.

The quota system is a smokescreen for the lack of grass roots development and lazy administration. It’s also racist and discriminatory.

Interesting to see a trio of South Africans working with the current Bangladesh team. Neil McKenzie as the batting coach, Ryan Cook (fielding coach) and Gary Kirsten as a consultant. You think these guys may know a thing or two about the game?

Just for the record CSA, Kirsten coached India to World Cup glory in 2011.

Why aren’t these coaches/consultants in the SA system?

Because of administrators who want “yes” people and not people who want the best for the players and team!

How many great cricket players, coaches have been flushed out of the SA cricket system because they weren’t yes people?

CSA has had numerous boardroom battles with Presidents and CEO’s fighting over money and lest we not forget the whole Gerald Majola saga.

But still corruption and nepotism is rife within CSA and Majola is now the ‘Sedgars rep’ for their lucrative, non-tendered CSA contracts.

Administrators in it for their own personal gain and not what’s in it for the players.

You still have selection interference and from administrators who have never ever played the game.

How can you expect to win trophies if you don't send out your best 11 players?

But at the same time, credit to Bangladesh for getting professional help and for improving all the time!

Bafana Bafana losing to Botswana shouldn’t be a surprise either. SA football is riddled with corruption, maladministration and nepotism.

When last did you read a feel good story between SAFA and the PSL?

The Jordaan/Khoza battle over power and money has crippled the game and it shows on the field. The players know it.

There’s also no consistency and long term planning.

Bafana Bafana have had how many coaches in the last 10 years and how much has been paid out to terminate their contracts?

Millions and millions which could have been used for development down the drain!

Clubs and junior programs are fighting for survival whilst millions from the Lottery and FIFA legacy program disappears.

Good players and coaches give up.

I repeat, how can you expect to win trophies if you don't send out your best 11 players?

It’s exactly the same in SA Rugby, SA Athletics and SA swimming and the officials get away with it because the Sports Ministry and SASCOC are just as corrupt!

They all have dirt on each other until the thieves fall out over money. That’s the only time you may hear about it as there is no culture of investigative sports journalism in SA.

The rot just gets deeper!

SA sport has been demonized by systemic corruption, maladministration and nepotism!"

edit: quotation marks added

Got tickets for the SA vz NZ game, but I have little desire to go now.... :(

Go! You'll get free beer and hugs the way they playing at the moment

good grief.Opening bat implosion :(

come on Faf and van der Dussen. Throw that anchor, build that score!

Duminy and Hash should have done the honourable thing and retired already. They are not what they used to be. Sadly our selectors still live in the past.

Goodbye Proteas. See you next WC, where you will once again just fill up an empty spot on the roster. This one has sailed.

Duminy and Hash should have done the honourable thing and retired already. They are not what they used to be. Sadly our selectors still live in the past.

Goodbye Proteas. See you next WC, where you will once again just fill up an empty spot on the roster. This one has sailed.

Yep at least 18/24 months ago. 2 younger guys brought in and growmed.

A bowling unit really needs deserves a more consistent top order.

Poor bowlers are even saving the blushes even with the bat.

Could za still qualify?

at this point, its going to come down to mathemagix

hell, the current google live probability score is probably true for the whole rest of campaign..

post-6789-0-61089100-1559751866_thumb.jpg

Archived