Craai

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So who got an email? 

Did it shake things up, has reality set it or have you convinced yourself you still have time? lol 

So who got an email? 

Did it shake things up, has reality set it or have you convinced yourself you still have time? lol 

What the email say?

What the email say?

Welcome to the IRONMAN African Championship!

We are so excited to welcome you to the IRONMAN African Championship. We know you can’t wait to take back your race and hear your name being called “YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!” Feel the fire within you, your passion and spirit as you take on this spectacular course..... etc

They forget to mention, how much hurt your going to feel but it's all good....

Welcome to the IRONMAN African Championship!

We are so excited to welcome you to the IRONMAN African Championship. We know you can’t wait to take back your race and hear your name being called “YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!” Feel the fire within you, your passion and spirit as you take on this spectacular course..... etc

They forget to mention, how much hurt your going to feel but it's all good....

Racing in March still?

Racing in March still?

According to the mail yes, but who knows... 

If things continue as it is we might get more than a Waggy Finger from Uncle C. His next  "my fellow South Africans" speech might be telling us Port Elizabeth is closed until further notice. 

Sorry okes... I feel I jinxed this event.....

"However, limitations put in place by the South African Government on athlete numbers at sporting events continue to remain in place. We therefore regret to share that, due to these ongoing regulations on athlete numbers, the IRONMAN African Championship cannot take place on March 14, 2021 and has been rescheduled for November 21, 2021"

#truestory

Sorry okes... I feel I jinxed this event.....

"However, limitations put in place by the South African Government on athlete numbers at sporting events continue to remain in place. We therefore regret to share that, due to these ongoing regulations on athlete numbers, the IRONMAN African Championship cannot take place on March 14, 2021 and has been rescheduled for November 21, 2021"

#truestory

Sorry to read that. Was hoping for an event in Q1. 

But november 2021 does pique my interest. Are there still slots?

Sorry to read that. Was hoping for an event in Q1. 

But november 2021 does pique my interest. Are there still slots?

Maybe? A mate of mine was trying to get a slot for March 2021 and was declined because of the limited numbers.

Hopefully South Africans start washing their hands and we stop touching our faces and the numbers go down?? 

Is EL 70.3 still going ahead?

It is, which is weird. 

The mail says, because of govt restrictions EL will continue but at a reduced number, and then because of the same govt restrictions IM PE will not happen at all. Wait, what? Durbs and Bela bela continue as is.

It is, which is weird. 

The mail says, because of govt restrictions EL will continue but at a reduced number, and then because of the same govt restrictions IM PE will not happen at all. Wait, what? Durbs and Bela bela continue as is.

Think is due to the number of foreigners. Cant think of any other reason. 

IM has typically had around 50% foreign participants.

Think is due to the number of foreigners. Cant think of any other reason. 

IM has typically had around 50% foreign participants.

Maybe. I first thought of cost. But I have no idea of the cost comparison between a 70.3 and full IM so maybe that holds no ground.