Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

So who else got the training peaks email saying You're an Ironman?? The least they could have done was cancel their automated emails?? lol

My wife cousin also sent me a weather update Sunday morning :-( 

Anyhoo life goes on. 

I'm really getting into these yard runs though! 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November for me, what have you decided?

Due to other aspirations this year i entered Two Oceans instead but now that it was cancelled I'm hoping entries will reopen for November so i can enter for it. 

Due to other aspirations this year i entered Two Oceans instead but now that it was cancelled I'm hoping entries will reopen for November so i can enter for it. 

Might be a plan hey...swim and cycle i could hack, its the run that worries me these days. Ankles and knees just cant take the pain anymore. 

But lets see how it goes, november would be plum as its just before winter so end of the season

Might be a plan hey...swim and cycle i could hack, its the run that worries me these days. Ankles and knees just cant take the pain anymore. 

But lets see how it goes, november would be plum as its just before winter so end of the season

Hey Hey, #FIVE for you. Best of luck. Hope to see you at Barney's  :thumbup:

Hey Hey, #FIVE for you. Best of luck. Hope to see you at Barney's  :thumbup:

Lots of variables need to align..depends how long it is going to take to get freedom again. Would be a great motivator to get into proper shape over the summer, assuming there is one, 

I'm sure a few people will defer to April thus opening up a few spots?

I saw on instagram a dude from trifactri did a full IM in his house yesterday.

Pool swim with a bungy (bungee?) cord, IDT and treadmill.

ja...

He was live streaming on Facebook too

I'm sure a few people will defer to April thus opening up a few spots?

Yeah I'm sure too. I mean they can't use 2020's medals or finisher shirts in March. So either loose cash on those that defer or sell their spots in November. 

Dusted off the IDT this morning and put in my first ride in i don't know how long. Haven't been in a pool since MArch last year (The week leading up to IM) so thats going to be a struggle once we are free again. 

Yeah I'm sure too. I mean they can't use 2020's medals or finisher shirts in March. So either loose cash on those that defer or sell their spots in November. 

Dusted off the IDT this morning and put in my first ride in i don't know how long. Haven't been in a pool since MArch last year (The week leading up to IM) so thats going to be a struggle once we are free again. 

I wouldn't stress once we are free just klap the mileage. 

About the IDT ... I see it there, haven't dusted it off. Been doing the Yard runs though lol

I'll get onto the IDT soon. 

Here my plan for you to use during the lockdown. It's free.  Dryland swim exercises will help to on maintaining/gaining strength for when you can get back into the pool. Just need some resistance chords or therabands will do.

Similarly if you can't do any running, there are some HIIT and skipping workouts at the start of the plan you can use and substitute for the running workouts.  Once lockdown over can start training properly.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/training-plans/other/fitness/tp-219414/covid-19-home-isolation?fbclid=IwAR1agzNVmqz2Zm9HPtANgvwLXu31Nb7HNRCCiZsHYSj6mk1xtDKSrxqkPT0

We changed to April next year. So in essence there should be 3 open spots for november. 

how did the weather look yesterday...?

Flippen peachy! 

They're in Lorraine about 10 mins (well actually everything in PE is 10 mins away) So slight wind, would have probably been blowing a bit stronger at the coast but yeah doable me thinks. 

Anyway onwards to November. 

Yaay, long dark rides in Aug is just what one needs innit! 

i am just scared that this Covid outjie still has an influence on any events for this year to come. As it has hit the first township ( on paper that is). 

But yes looking forward to getting out there again.

i am just scared that this Covid outjie still has an influence on any events for this year to come. As it has hit the first township ( on paper that is). 

But yes looking forward to getting out there again.

Apparently Corona is female because she has had the ability to stop ALL sport world wide but for now it's just a myth nothing proven. 

Second point is yes, you're right we might all be racing next year as there are just many unknowns...

And thirdly yes, when I read that a positive case in Khaya was confirmed that was my worst fear. I really that it would not get to the townships but alas we now just sit tight and we wait and see.