Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

Do you still have your Cube? Was wondering if I'd come across it the other day when i was pursuing the TT classifieds

Shes still here, sitting happily on the IDT in the lounge

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifc22359c2-c68e-404c-b02f-feee5c63f080.jpeg

closest you will get this year? 

My next big DIY project is turning my pool into an endless river/swimspa/training pool...

Bungee harnesses work really well too.... A bit 'simple Jack' but cheap and easy.

I swam in a 2.4 x 1.4 endless pool for hours when I was working in Canadia. It's a weird thing.

I would love to have one. Enjoy!

Hopefully next year once our house is done I can start with the pool, I'm also looking towards the bungee cord thing. 

Anyone have any figures for those endless pools? I'm sure if I type in endless pool DIY there's probably some dude who's made a stand for his 40HP outboard motor and mounted it in the pool... With a disclaimer about a cage around the propeller as optional....

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think it's happening but I'll be starting some training 1st May so should a decision be made then I won't be starting from slob to IM, it will be more of a semi slob to IM. 

true that, i have moved mine to April. So just starting up again getting the base in slowly

I wanted to race in November, I promised myself a full IM before I was 40 So delaying the race until a few months after my 40th was approved (I made an application to myself and after some consideration I approved my application) so if it doesn't happen in November I'll apply for my promise to be amended so that I complete a full IM in my 40th year of existence.  

5150 Scheduled for 21 November 2020 has been cancelled and will return on the 21 November 2021. 

I don't think IM SA is happening this year peeps.

Saw that and have to agree, don't think there will be any racing this year.

5150 Scheduled for 21 November 2020 has been cancelled and will return on the 21 November 2021. 

I don't think IM SA is happening this year peeps. 

i agree. i cannot see the international guys getting permission to enter ZA and the filed is at least half internationals.