Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

Did a static line swim today, pool water is getting cold!!! Can feel winter is coming....

Err yes, in Cape Town winter starts once you finish the Cape Town Cycle Tour, EVERYONE knows that! lol

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a static line swim today, pool water is getting cold!!! Can feel winter is coming....

JIP !!

Hydro exercise is my primary rehab at the moment .... a month ago the water was too hot ..... water is certainly cooling down quickly ..... soon I may have to dig out the wetsuit ....

just thankful I do have options  :thumbup:   hoping I still fit in the wetsuit ...  :ph34r:

Here my plan for you to use during the lockdown. It's free.  Dryland swim exercises will help to on maintaining/gaining strength for when you can get back into the pool. Just need some resistance chords or therabands will do.

Similarly if you can't do any running, there are some HIIT and skipping workouts at the start of the plan you can use and substitute for the running workouts.  Once lockdown over can start training properly.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/training-plans/other/fitness/tp-219414/covid-19-home-isolation?fbclid=IwAR1agzNVmqz2Zm9HPtANgvwLXu31Nb7HNRCCiZsHYSj6mk1xtDKSrxqkPT0

Our public pools have all been closed for a couple of weeks

Today I pulled out my old pull cords to start using them, only to find the elastic had all perished and literally fell apart as I tested them.

I saw on instagram a dude from trifactri did a full IM in his house yesterday.

Pool swim with a bungy (bungee?) cord, IDT and treadmill.

ja...

Yeah that was Tom. He did it to raise money for covid 19 research. You can check out his Facebook page, Ironchallenge in lockdown.

Definitely has bigger stones than me. I rode with him a bit on zwift while he was doing it, I couldn't imagine getting on a treadmill for 4 hours after that!

• 3 weeks later...

We're a month or so since IM PE was postponed, who thinks we'll race in November or do you think we'll be on the start line in 2021?

We're a month or so since IM PE was postponed, who thinks we'll race in November or do you think we'll be on the start line in 2021?

Let's see the European examples ... 2 to 3 months into lockdown .... and only Tour De France still clinging to a 2020 race date ... 

I recall reading "8-to-10" before any mass gatherings will be allowed in SA - SORRY, cant remember where I got this figure from.  In any case ... doubt we will see any sporting events in SA in 2020.

HOPE I am wrong !!

It seems so far away Nov, but we honestly don't know what even tomorrow will bring.

I really don't envy sports events people right now, this is after all their livelihood too. I'm starting to lean towards writing the whole year off though. (Which is a pity because the amount of indoor cycling I'm doing I may well have thrown my name in the hat for a Nov IM  :ph34r:

It seems so far away Nov, but we honestly don't know what even tomorrow will bring.

I really don't envy sports events people right now, this is after all their livelihood too. I'm starting to lean towards writing the whole year off though. (Which is a pity because the amount of indoor cycling I'm doing I may well have thrown my name in the hat for a Nov IM  :ph34r:

Good on you, I'm in what you could call destruction phase! Haven't done anything in the last 2 weeks. Work is crazy so up early and finish late I'll just wait until I get paroled. Still have a dumb trainer but have just thought of something now. Watch this space....

Good on you, I'm in what you could call destruction phase! Haven't done anything in the last 2 weeks. Work is crazy so up early and finish late I'll just wait until I get paroled. Still have a dumb trainer but have just thought of something now. Watch this space....

Ja unfortunately we're opposites right now. Over here its no work for me but bought an IDT days before lockdown so I'm still excited to jump on it. It'll do you some good to get the old blood flowing again, for sanity if nothing else.

Ja unfortunately we're opposites right now. Over here its no work for me but bought an IDT days before lockdown so I'm still excited to jump on it. It'll do you some good to get the old blood flowing again, for sanity if nothing else.

At the mo I'm grateful to have a job so working extra hours seems the least I can do in the grand scheme of things. 

I have some DIY demolition work once the lockdown is over... I'm going to save my insanity for those walls...  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lekker manne... re IM Nov i have my doubts- as they say the virus will peak in sept... so i really dont know what this year will hold in. I agree with chris_ i think this year in sport is a gonner.... also struggeling to do anything with work and homeschooling, and then beer lol...

Do you still have your Cube? Was wondering if I'd come across it the other day when i was pursuing the TT classifieds