[Event] 2019 PPA One Tonner

Pedal Power Association

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking likely to give it a miss, down in bed with a bad cold ????

Dam was looking forward to "fun riding" on Bains Kloof.

Looking likely to give it a miss, down in bed with a bad cold

Dam was looking forward to "fun riding" on Bains Kloof.

You always do so well in the One Donner (no spelling error)

Get better soon, Bru.

Had to smirk at my seeding, no hope in hell that I have the ability to crest the top of Bains with A batch. Will be dropping down to C. After 3 disastrous One Tonners in 3 years my only goal is to have a steady ride and secure a nice seeding for the Argus.

Had to smirk at my seeding, no hope in hell that I have the ability to crest the top of Bains with A batch. Will be dropping down to C. After 3 disastrous One Tonners in 3 years my only goal is to have a steady ride and secure a nice seeding for the Argus.

We did one together in 2016 I think. My seeding took a tumble since I stopped road cycling. I am in D, but will probably start in e with a friend. We will be in our Gravel Grinders.

You always do so well in the One Donner (no spelling error)

Get better soon, Bru.

Thanks dale,

Seems my one tonner magic run has ended. Still one of the harder road rides without any neutral zones and tea breaks. Should be even more challenging this time around with Bains replacing Hells. 

We did one together in 2016 I think. My seeding took a tumble since I stopped road cycling. I am in D, but will probably start in e with a friend. We will be in our Gravel Grinders.

I remember, you were strong that day! Think we were dropped from B at Helz and worked together in a small bunch for a long time till I bonked badly.. 

Anyone know how many groups there starting?

Had a better group in CTCC and finished 2nd in that group?

Oh well never done it before so wont complain, cant wait the route looks so good!

Anyone know how many groups there starting?

Had a better group in CTCC and finished 2nd in that group?

Oh well never done it before so wont complain, cant wait the route looks so good!

2018 start groups:

A

B

C

Tandems

D-E

F-G

H-I

J-L

M-Z

This will differ depending on how many people do the race, if there are more participants we'll be split into more groups.  Likely more groups this year as the teams competition is gone and the weather forecast looks good.

You can check your seeding here https://pedalpower.org.za/seeding/