Bang for Buck MTB shoes

robsc

Ive got Spez shoes coz of my fat feet and they are great, been riding with Spez shoes for almost 10 years...

I did have a brain fart and bought a pair of Fizik M5 shoes some years back and they are great for 30km at most and then id rather take them off and ride barefoot. Too narrow. These get used for short interval rides only. Maybe I could use them for a fancy dance one day, thats all they good for.

You and your fat feet............good for stepping on toes(I quote that from you responding to me like 4 years ago about something)

Funny you mention the fizik, I have the R3 and they look nice but I can't wear them for very long. I use them for shorter training rides and then race in my S-WORKS.

OP, I have a pair of olympic mtb shoes that just don't want to die. When I bought them many years ago they were like 1k(don't know what they cost now). I use them to commute almost everyday. They not as stiff or comfy as my spez but for the price I really am impressed.

And I've done countless hard races for like 3 to 4 years in R399 Mr Price shoes. And still use them today.

And I've done countless hard races for like 3 to 4 years in R399 Mr Price shoes. And still use them today.

Please buy expensive shoes, you'll thank me.

Edit. I raced with Mr Price shoes for years, until I bought some Gaerne on a whim, they were quite cheap, about R1200 or so. Made a big difference in comfort.

Edited by Martin PJ

You and your fat feet............good for stepping on toes(I quote that from you responding to me like 4 years ago about something)

Funny you mention the fizik, I have the R3 and they look nice but I can't wear them for very long. I use them for shorter training rides and then race in my S-WORKS.

OP, I have a pair of olympic mtb shoes that just don't want to die. When I bought them many years ago they were like 1k(don't know what they cost now). I use them to commute almost everyday. They not as stiff or comfy as my spez but for the price I really am impressed.

Theres only 3 good things that Spez are good for, and all are contact points... Tyres, gloves and shoes.

The rest stays in the shop.

post-113196-0-01804000-1562592989_thumb.jpggo with the giro, i have the giro Cylinder's MTB, and i love them, very comfortable on longer rider,

iv  had a pair of sidi's and the Olympics and battled with stud pressure with both pairs, the giro's are great an i think i paid R1500 

R2300 is not really budget region, so you should get something that fits well and lasts for that dosh. I was a diadora fan, but moved to shimano (do adventure races so get their hardy "adventure" range as hikeabike will f#$% up a carbon sole quicker than an EFF protest in bishopscourt). but that's just me

Like all sports shoes, they are EXTREMELY specific to use and person. So what did you have before and how did they do? If you're happy with a brand, stick with it.

Person A might prefer these R600 bogstandards over a top of the range Spaz model. 

https://www.mrpsport.com/en_za/ratchet-cycling-shoe-7400517617