La Vuelta 2019

'Dale

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, GC hopeful Domenico Pozzovivo (Bahrain-Merida) is recovering after a six-hour surgery to treat the injuries he sustained when he was hit by a car while on a training ride.

He doesn’t want his career to end this way even though he really got severely injured

????

flying out Wednesday until the 2nd TT and fly home the 4th. 

Can really say I am excited for this Tour, more so than the TDF. Route is great, they start racing as said on day 2 and the racing is always solid here.

After TDF there were some stories about the team having nutrition / hydration issues with an untested ( by the team ) sponsor product. Can you tell us anything about this and whether the issue is resolved ? 

After TDF there were some stories about the team having nutrition / hydration issues with an untested ( by the team ) sponsor product. Can you tell us anything about this and whether the issue is resolved ? 

Yes for sure, understand I can't go into massive detail but I can say truthfully it wasn't the drink itself  as reported and we did not test anything new product wise at the Tour. That besides causing **** from the media, is not true.

I cannot say due to policy etc what has been identified but this won't happen at Vuelta just like it didn't at the Giro.

Yes for sure, understand I can't go into massive detail but I can say truthfully it wasn't the drink itself  as reported and we did not test anything new product wise at the Tour. That besides causing **** from the media, is not true.

I cannot say due to policy etc what has been identified but this won't happen at Vuelta just like it didn't at the Giro.

Nice info. Thanks! Now about Dan Martin..... ;)

Nice info. Thanks! Now about Dan Martin..... ;)

I consider Dan and I close especially lately with something but none the less, his performance was not up to par, I will be the 1st to say that. He will also, he is like that. You can go back and forth why but he is hell bent on making his last part of the season credible.

If you look at the teams season in general it is light years above last 2yrs. Wins, ranking, systems, staff etc. However you can't always be on top of the world and unfortunately the Tour wasn't amazing but taking a positive from it Aru is on the way back to his old self after the operation and is very positive after the Tour for someone who went in to simply ride his bike and coming back with 14th on GC.

Edited by J Wakefield

I consider Dan and I close especially lately with something but none the less, his performance was not up to par, I will be the 1st to say that. He will also, he is like that. You can go back and forth why but he is hell bent on making his last part of the season credible.

If you look at the teams season in general it is light years above last 2yrs. Wins, ranking, systems, staff etc. However you can't always be on top of the world and unfortunately the Tour wasn't amazing but taking a positive from it Aru is on the way back to his old self after the operation and is very positive after the Tour for someone who went in to simply ride his bike and coming back with 14th on GC.

I does look like a different team for sure now. Riders have ups and downs but Dan has aways been 'there' animating even if not winning all the time so it's been a real shame to see him struggling. Nice to Aru coming back as well, he's had a long road and will be good to see him in the mix once again with his pain face / crying face / winning face! Kudos to the team for sticking with him as it's been a fairly long time from symptoms to understanding to surgery to recovery. 

Now one last thing... the kit and it's a reasonably serious Q. Why don't alot of teams seem to go to a decent graphic designer or studio and get a great kit that enhances the brand? Canyon Sram have done well, Mitchelton always look sharp, Katusha went from an eye sore to pretty stylish and very recognisable. Not saying your is bad but is does look a little like it was sketched out a serviette and given to the intern to work up in word. :)

If you fancy a reboot then drop me a line and we'll throw it into the studio for some love! 

Rrrroglic will be one of my favourites

Hope he has better support riders than at the Giro where he was alone most of the time

Hope he has better support riders than at the Giro where he was alone most of the time

Ja nee, solid team:

Primoz Roglic

George Bennett

Sepp Kuss

Lennard Hofstede

Steven Kruijswijk

Tony Martin

Robert Gesink

Neilson Powles

lotto/movistar/astana

all got solid teams loaded with climbers/GC, but with multiple leaders.

going to be damn interesting

the real jokers in the pack, team Ineos.

GC capable guys on their squad not going

froome

thomas

bernal

Sosa

sivakov

poels

kwiat

Open invitation for the tier 2 guys to stake a claim. Remind me why they need carapaz again?

You've seen the route hey.

TTT

Hills

Hills

Flat   - cat 3 summits 40km from finish

Summit finish

Summit finish

Summit finish

Flat - cat 2 summits 25km from finish

Mountains

And that is only the first week.[emoji6]

when the vuelta says it flat, it's more of a guideline.

sprinters must just love getting the call!

stage 12 "flat"  = 3 x cat3 in last 35km

stage 14 "flat" cat3 summits 20km from the finish

stage 17 "flat" this one is lumpy, but no real climbs

stage 19 "flat" starts with a cat 3, but then it's flat

stage 21 finally ___________________________

lotto/movistar/astana

all got solid teams loaded with climbers/GC, but with multiple leaders.

going to be damn interesting

the real jokers in the pack, team Ineos.

GC capable guys on their squad not going

froome

thomas

bernal

Sosa

sivakov

poels

kwiat

Open invitation for the tier 2 guys to stake a claim. Remind me why they need carapaz again? So that Movistar don't have him