Bike Shop Damaged My Frame Issue - Help!

mrcg

So OP .... what's happening ... it is Friday afterall?

Any pics of that frame as yet please?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, no further correspondence

Let's just remember the OP gave us a "word" before stating he is not always on the hub ... so l am cool giving him time, but these timelines are getting a little ridiculous now .... I am assuming the OP has not been cycling either then given that the frame is "irreparably" damaged?

We need closure. We're emotionally invested here. 

At present any investment is at risk !!!

I think his lawyer mate told him to stop posting here.

why .... if everything he says is true then there should be no issue?

OP if you are reading this, please would you just at least advise if you will be commenting further or not till this matter has been resolved between you and CD?

filling in a "void" in a highstress high pressure (press fit) area is a not a permanent repair. When the frame is new the fix is too bond in the cups so that they don't move or damage the shell to bbcup interface. The pressure on the cups is evenly distributed around the shell. With a filler option like you suggest that area will take all the strain and its not adequately bonded to ensure longevity or reliability.

Once that's compromised gluing in the cups gets you nothing but more trouble. Its a temporary fix to delay the inevitable. The only proper fix is to cut out the bb shell and bond in a new one or remould the entire area. This a not a repair job. The only fix is a new frame.

Better call bonus and tell him that he is wrong, despite seeing the bike and doing this for a living

I think this case is now between both sets of lawyers so expect this thread to draw out for years.

Lots has been said here on social forum by OP and zero from CD so I expect lawyers to first go thru every fine detail to what is true and what is not.

What I can guarantee from experience is that this will be looooong and expensive and at the end of the day even if he ends up in a position he was bike wise the cost will be mega times greater than if he accepted one of the 3 initial offers.

Edited by stringbean

did you get beaten up a lot in high school?

Not at all .... I did manage to get lots of sweets at lunchtime though ......

So we're still waiting for closure to this very important "life altering" topic. I don't know how I'm going to get through this "work day" by being on the Hub the whole time waiting for a response! Wait, I suppose I can always do a bit of work  :whistling:

So we're still waiting for closure to this very important "life altering" topic. I don't know how I'm going to get through this "work day" by being on the Hub the whole time waiting for a response! Wait, I suppose I can always do a bit of work  :whistling:

The OP drew a line in the sand, tossed in his gauntlet and called a dual ..... this has the potential for riveting viewing

So how do you replace the BB if it has been epoxied into place?

Sounds like there is a lack of foresight in that hack? I'm calling it a hack, as "solution" is not apt.

I'm pretty sure they are referring to Red Locktite. This is what was done with the Treks that had the BB bearings pressing straight into the carbon BB shell.