Anyone have a bike bag I can borrow

Gambithunt

Hi guys

I'm going to Whistler for a few days and I wanted to see if anyone in Cape Town had a spare bike bag that I could borrow.

They are a little out of my budget and though I'd see if someone could help me here.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Gambithunt

Hi guys

I'm going to Whistler for a few days and I wanted to see if anyone in Cape Town had a spare bike bag that I could borrow.

They are a little out of my budget and though I'd see if someone could help me here.

Thanks guys.

You can hire those plastic bike boxes

Hi guys

Thanks guys.

Going to Whisler for couple of days but no budget for bike box?????

Hi

I have one of those heavy-duty canvass bike bags. It has a rigid base and mounting points for bike, but not a hard case. When are you leaving, because i’m in Hermanus.

A bike box is R9k all my budget blown on ticket and accommodation. Canada is not cheap, sucks

Edited by Gambithunt

He's going to Whistler - that's probably why he doesn't have budget for a bike bag!

OP, those plastic bike boxes seem to do the trick nicely and are cheap to hire. I think they are listed in the classifieds.

I’ve got a canvas one with a solid base you use did me fine for airlines through England, Spain and France. It’s no evoc style one but took my carbon bike around without damage.

Else there were a few cheaper ones like the evoc on bike market and in the classifieds.

You can hire those plastic bike boxes

For protecting your ride, these are hard to beat.

But they are certainly not the easiest to pull around.

I have not been let down by a cardboard box and insurance.

You could go with the approach of my mate when we were touring on a world wide surf trip. No bag, no sock just walked the board through and gave it to the baggage handler. His theory was people were more likely to look after it with out protection and put in on the top carefully rather than just seeing a padded a bag and chucking it on the truck with everything else on top of it. 

It worked brilliantly. Until it didn't.  :w00t:

You could go with the approach of my mate when we were touring on a world wide surf trip. No bag, no sock just walked the board through and gave it to the baggage handler. His theory was people were more likely to look after it with out protection and put in on the top carefully rather than just seeing a padded a bag and chucking it on the truck with everything else on top of it. 

It worked brilliantly. Until it didn't.  :w00t:

Must have been a site at the airport!! Did it still have the leash and fins on as well? 

For protecting your ride, these are hard to beat.

But they are certainly not the easiest to pull around.

Who cares

Build some muscle or come on here and complain about bike damage

Must have been a site at the airport!! Did it still have the leash and fins on as well? 

1 was FCS and 1 was glasses in fins. It fell apart in Indo as one fo them came out broken in two and to add insult to injury they tried to shake him down for some extra coin as the his customs form said he had 2 boards and they said that he now had 3!