Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

Kranswurm with some wise words.

This is knockout rugby..all about going through.

Yes execution wasnt great but we smashed them by 23 points. NZ and England kicked more than than Ireland and AUS so its def the right strategy. Faf just has to get the distance right.

Semi final here we come.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie le Roux has only proven 1 thing so far. He is beyond his prime and has lost confidence.

Not only is he missing that x factor he previously showed, he now lacks on the basics.

Another sub par performance from willie

Great defensive effort ????

Must work on phases play / ball retention, testing defensive effort from opposing team, this can sap legs and open up scoring opportunities especially later on

Less box kicking as it hands possession over

Without the ball, there’s no control of play

Go Bokkies

The champs rise to the occasion when it really matters.

Bokke vs All Blacks Final?

Would be epic.

But..... Roses could,disrupt the Kiwis.

Interesting times ahead.

If boks somehow get to play England in the Final it would be a 50/50 game.

All Black's in the final would be 70/30 methinks. We would need allot of the marginal calls to go our way.

What did you guys make of the performance of Barnes today? Felt like allot of calls went the way of the Home team?

All Black's in the final would be 70/30 methinks. We would need allot of the marginal calls to go our way.

What did you guys make of the performance of Barnes today? Felt like allot of calls went the way of the Home team?

Agreed

Not his best

I don't normally whine about ref's... But there were at least 4 calls they he should have consulted the TMO and he didn't...Beasts nightmare, the disallowed try, the round the neck for the high ball and the shoulder clear out by that white haired jap at the ruck. Many many forward passes seemed to get missed and the japs were offsides more times than they were not.

If we had lost that game with the way Barnes reffed there would be a lot more uproar

I don't normally whine about ref's... But there were at least 4 calls they he should have consulted the TMO and he didn't...Beasts nightmare, the disallowed try, the round the neck for the high ball and the shoulder clear out by that white haired jap at the ruck. Many many forward passes seemed to get missed and the japs were offsides more times than they were not.

If we had lost that game with the way Barnes reffed there would be a lot more uproar

Agree with this. Ref had a shocker. Get japan in the game an those forward passes kept them on the front foot an allowed them to have 81 percent possession at one point.

This will always happen when a referee have to make decisions on 50/50 calls in front of a partisan crowd. Referees are humans too.

The opposing team need always take that in consideration and prevent the 50/50 calls by upping their discipline when playing a team at their homeground.

We also got some respite from the referee. If the referee followed strict protocol on spear tackles Beast would have been red carded. Beast knew could be red carded, which is why he appologised so prefusely.

Edited by Moridin

It's not Faf The Terrier, the individual, that box kicks.

It is a defensive strategy selected by Bokkies management

Komaan, Rassie', play with the ball in hand, Bru

Not gonna win finals like that unless maybe for territorial gain in tsunami rain

Yes that’s Rassies strategy. But it’s also Fafs execution.

Yes that’s Rassies strategy. But it’s also Fafs execution.

Yup, I thought Faf would go for line out kicks when we started to take some of their line out balls. Instead, some of his kicks got almost no distance and just handed them the ball. Some of our players are not very clever at adapting to changing conditions on the field.

We’re in the World Cup semis . This is a week to be proud and look forward , not backwards . Next week is a brand new game ,that’s never been touched . Forget how many box kicks were bad today , doesn’t matter anymore . We won. Bring on Wales .

One more game and we in the final . Time to focus

I actually think we have a better chance against the AB than England. We know their game better and if we execute accurately we can beat them. I put our odds against both at less than 50/50. We can beat them but won’t be favorites against either.

Damn lucky we only have to play one of them.