Canyon Bikes - Reliability

NIK-NAK

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone has ordered from Canyon and what your experience was like?

I am considering ordering a bike from Canyon but am nervous to order and pay for something online (especially when I have not had dealings with the company before).

I am always nervous of fake websites / scams etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

contact Erik Kleinhans. He is the Canyon bikes SA liaison, he carries stock and demo bikes etc

Thank you. Will try and get a hold of him.

Ordered a Canyon Speedmax a few months ago.  Very easy.  Ordered on the Monday, got an email on the Tuesday saying bike had been shipped.  Received an email from the courier on Thursday to pay the duties and paid.  Bike was delivered on the Friday... so took less than a week from placing of the order.

If you worried about fake website, this the correct one https://www.canyon.com/en-za/

Their online and distribution is slick.  Sometime they take a little long to answer email queries.

Ordered a Canyon Speedmax a few months ago.  Very easy.  Ordered on the Monday, got an email on the Tuesday saying bike had been shipped.  Received an email from the courier on Thursday to pay the duties and paid.  Bike was delivered on the Friday... so took less than a week from placing of the order.

If you worried about fake website, this the correct one https://www.canyon.com/en-za/

Their online and distribution is slick.  Sometime they take a little long to answer email queries.

Thank you very much.

I ordered my Endurace frames last year Feb and via UPS it was a flawless process. The Canyon, its packaging and items you receive is world class. The little torque wrench in the box to put all the bits together was a nice touch as well.

My fitting studio is inside a high end bike shop and the frame we get returns on the most, by a considerable margin is Canyon.

I don't have the actual numbers but I would hazard a guess that broken Canyons outnumber the rest of the failures we see combined.

My fitting studio is inside a high end bike shop and the frame we get returns on the most, by a considerable margin is Canyon.

I don't have the actual numbers but I would hazard a guess that broken Canyons outnumber the rest of the failures we see combined.

toptubes.......??

toptubes.......??

A few classic straight down the middle top tube cracks. The rest were chainstay/seat tube. There was a weird crack around a BB once but I'm happy to write that one off to the possibility of a mechanic not using the right tools when installing the BB.

Me? I have enough doubt that I would not buy a Canyon online without a building and person I could actually speak to if there was a problem. If Erik is providing that service in SA then that would make me breath a little easier.

toptubes.......??

Was about to say just don't buy a canyon if you are planning on aero tucking as a sideline hobby.

Have had my Canyon almost two years now.  Very happy with it.