2020 Tour de France

pista

Interested in Wout, Louis and Froome Dawg's form.

They've all had to overcome setbacks.

All solid performers. 

Do wonder whether Remco could one day be moulded into GC contender, especially with his time trialling superpowers.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested in Wout, Louis and Froome Dawg's form.

They've all had to overcome setbacks.

All solid performers.

Do wonder whether Remco could one day be moulded into GC contender, especially with his time trialling superpowers.

What happened to main cheese?

What happened to main cheese?

He finished in the top 10 on stage 2 of the virtual tour. Does that make him virtually ready for the main Tour.

Unlikely he will go the GC distance though....

What happens if there's a whole bunch of positives on day 10? Do they call it and whoever is in yellow wins?

What happens if there's a whole bunch of positives on day 10? Do they call it and whoever is in yellow wins?

Wow, that makes the first week waaaay more crucial! Never thought of that.

They gave the Yates brother the Victory at UAE Tour IIRC?

And they gave the NZ 7s team the season victory about a month ago.

So safe to say there will be a chance of that yes.

I'm sure there is a clause in the event rules that covers how the winner is declared in the event of a force majeure

I'm sure there is a clause in the event rules that covers how the winner is declared in the event of a force majeure

"Paging  John Wakefield... John Wakefield.... your expertise is needed urgently..."

I am sure he can fill us in on said details... would be interesting to know what they are.

Unless, someone else knows...?

AFAIK the UCI would have to follow national rules set out in this regard..I am not sure what they are in France..in Italy for example if one player of a football team test positive the entire team and staff would have to self isolate..I am also sure those are the regulation in Italy regarding cycling teams..I may be wrong though....

There was an article floating around regarding the regulations for the TDF....

"Paging  John Wakefield... John Wakefield.... your expertise is needed urgently..."

I am sure he can fill us in on said details... would be interesting to know what they are.

Unless, someone else knows...?

this is a discussion happening on the what if. Right now I dont believe there is a clear answer for this.

clear answer would be it would be a f up...

also mean/implies don't expect any time to make any spectator contact.

they will ride, and control that very carefully, even how the assistants out on the route, that might have some meal bags, how they go out, how food is handled... how they they allowed back, or maybe not even, maybe a blind system of hand offs.

G

this is a discussion happening on the what if. Right now I dont believe there is a clear answer for this.

Thanks, that was quicker than expected.

Good luck with your preparations, can't wait to see what the Pogfather will dish out!

It’s best to cancel the event in the event if an infection in the performance bubble.

Any other result would just be kakka.

Go, NairoMan ????????

Thanks, that was quicker than expected.

Good luck with your preparations, can't wait to see what the Pogfather will dish out!

Thanks, he was nothing but flying today during recon, the kid is really impressive.

With the uptick in infections i don't see the tour happening this year.

Everything here has been cancelled up until the end of October now.