2020 Tour de France

pista

Who you all got as the Top 5 for GC at the Real TDF?

If all the top dogs come out to play....

1. Bernal

2. The Pogfather

3. Roglic

4. Gee

5. Pinot

Bernal to stamp his authority in the Mountains. Rog and Pog fighting tooth and nail for 2nd place in the final week with that Final TT keeping us on the edge of our seats till the final rider crosses the line.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernal and Pog must be up there.

One of the Yates sisters is due a big one too. 

Pinot and Roglic will likely be in the yop 10 but not in with a shout to win..... I also wouldn't count Nairo out.

He was in amazing form early this year.

I'm hoping the flying French madman and the wolf pack light things up again. He has a point to prove this year.

Otherwise sjoe.... With no real race insight and no season to see, it's anyone's guess and there may have been some breakthrough players in 2020 just waiting to pounce at the TDF as no one would have seen the form they are in and won't be marking them

as this is such an unknown scenario, I predict we get a tier2 favourite winning. Someone like Porte or uran or nairo or buchmann

Everyone is leaving out Quintana and tbh, if you take how he started this year, a lot of teams are going to need that multi leader game to have someone to go with him.

Im not a fan of his, but he will be deciding who each of the other teams leaders will be, the ones that can keep up.

Everyone is leaving out Quintana and tbh, if you take how he started this year, a lot of teams are going to need that multi leader game to have someone to go with him.

Im not a fan of his, but he will be deciding who each of the other teams leaders will be, the ones that can keep up.

Will depend on how well he recovers after his training accident (car knocked him over) he is apparently set to miss 2 weeks training.[emoji2368]

Haven't fully sorted it yet but in the top 5 I predict will be:

Egan Bernal - easy choice

Tadej Pogacar

Primoz Roglic

Mikael Landa

Tom Dumoullin

I think  a top 10 will easier because I've left a few favourites off the list haven't I

Possibly . . . . 

Edit: No, I think there was an occasion that Niki didn't want to drive but did in the end -  its in the film about him, but Prost said no and didn't change his mind.

Lauda started the 1976 Japanese GP at Fuji in a Monsoon. Drove a lap and said no, not risking my life. Lost the Drivers Championship to James Hunt who drove his McLaren to 3rd I think it was with a broken bear lever. He rammed the threaded end of the lever into his hand and  left it there.

Prost stared the 1989 Australian GP in Adelaide in a torrential downpour, drove 1 lap and called it a day with McLaren after he won the drivers championship at the Japanese Gp at Suzuka after he and Senna collided at the chicane at the end of the lap.

Head says. Bernal

Heart Says. Roglic

France need a win. Pinot

I like. Tommy D

But the way things are shaping up I'd be happy to cheer for a Floyd Landis, LA and Cam Jeffers podium.

this is when we need a "love this post" button

... first confession, I'm to damm lazy to go read the entire thread.... sorry...

whats the current status, have they rescheduled it for str the year ? when ? or is it cancelled for 2020.

G

I wonder who's been able to train at altitude and up them high mountain gradients during the lockdown days.

Everything seems so surreal around the UCI's crazy calendar and the 'race bubble' environment. 

I wonder who's been able to train at altitude and up them high mountain gradients during the lockdown days.

Everything seems so surreal around the UCI's crazy calendar and the 'race bubble' environment.

Think most teams have been able to get to altitude training camps since restrictions were relaxed .. well I know Bora have just done theirs..so I assume that would be the case for many if not most teams.