2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love the ASO. The Testing resets the evening before the next test. It is therefore impossible to test positive twice in the same week, even though you have 2 positive tests in the 2 rounds of testing.

Got to admit, cycling was not going to let a silly pandemic get in the way of finding a way around testing protocols, we have had YEARS to get good at this.

I am hoping for a disrupter today - none of this eek out a few seconds here and there and go for right near the end

Pogacar for boom or bust today

Or Porte or Landa - someone who goes into podium contention or out the top 30 in one aggressive swoop

Not gonna happen but I can dream.

I am hoping for a disrupter today - none of this eek out a few seconds here and there and go for right near the end

Or Porte or Landa - someone who goes into podium contention or out the top 30 in one aggressive swoop

The most likely is a long line of riders dressed in yellow setting a furious tempo in the good old team Sky tradition stopping any attempts of a breakaway by a serious contender.

But we can dream like you said....

Realistically only Roglic and Bernal have the team around them to be able to defend yellow from now until Paris. 

The others need to get close (but not into yellow) and hope to pop Roglic in the TT, although probably only Pogacar can do that. 

The climbers need 2+ minutes going into the TT and I can't see Roglic shipping that much time unless he has a shocker of a bad day.

After reading the CN article of Porte this morning I hope it is Porte going all out.

Realistically only Roglic and Bernal have the team around them to be able to defend yellow from now until Paris. 

The others need to get close (but not into yellow) and hope to pop Roglic in the TT, although probably only Pogacar can do that. 

The climbers need 2+ minutes going into the TT and I can't see Roglic shipping that much time unless he has a shocker of a bad day.

It's amazing how tight the margins are at this level and how close these top guys are too each other.  I have a mate who is close to my ability but the other day he beat me up my own local hill by 7 minutes

They are obviously pros and it's not comparable but in my mind I can't understand how one guy can't drop another buy 5 minutes over 200km

It's a bit of a stupid statement because of team tactics, peloton shelter and loads more but I often find myself shouting at Julian just to drop them all up a hill and ride off into the sunset (like my mate did)

Edited by Waynemol

Agreed on all fronts, except maybe for the bit on the TT.

It has ALLOT of climbing. I don't know if the climbers need that much time in this case. 

But it is going to be fun to watch how everyone finds out on the day  :clap:

Agreed on all fronts, except maybe for the bit on the TT.

It has ALLOT of climbing. I don't know if the climbers need that much time in this case. 

But it is going to be fun to watch how everyone finds out on the day  :clap:

I was going to say, that ITT is brutal and Bardet holds the KOM on the climb.

He knows those roads inside and out. 

I'm with Wayne though. I dream of a 2007 Linus Gerdermann break every time I see a stage like this!

Strange thought for the day: Every second article I come across mentions Jumbo not using Shimano wheels, but the Corima ones. Now I'm starting to wonder if even though they're not using the Shimano ones its actually better advertising because we're at least speaking about them all the time. Whereas if they were riding them it may have once gotten half a word somewhere.

Big players trying to get into the break.

JA, Dan Martin.

Sagan tried to cross across a 10s Gap.

All kicking off at the start here.

If DQS push this break too hard they might put Sam into a situation where making the time-cut comes into play....