2020 Tour de France

pista

Maybe time for Doug to move on - they/he said our objectives and it seems a failure really

Think Riis wants to take over the team and have 100% ownership but I think Doug doesn't want to let go .

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Riis wants to take over the team and have 100% ownership but I think Doug doesn't want to let go .

Not quite it seems:

"Riis and his partner at Virtu Cycling Lars Seier Christensen had reportedly taken part-ownership of the team at the time, snapping up a third of the shares from team owner Douglas Ryder. However, months later, that deal has not yet happened and is now unlikely to come to fruition. 

Ryder still owns 100 per cent of the team, with a "letter of intent" from Riis and Seier Christensen never translating to a full deal, reported well-informed Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ntt-pro-cycling-future-under-threat/

Not quite it seems:

"Riis and his partner at Virtu Cycling Lars Seier Christensen had reportedly taken part-ownership of the team at the time, snapping up a third of the shares from team owner Douglas Ryder. However, months later, that deal has not yet happened and is now unlikely to come to fruition.

Ryder still owns 100 per cent of the team, with a "letter of intent" from Riis and Seier Christensen never translating to a full deal, reported well-informed Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ntt-pro-cycling-future-under-threat/

Doesn't look good for them past 2020

CCC can't secure a sponsor for next yeat either.

Edited by Gen

Aag poef.

Weakening the support for Pogacar further.

It reiterates my gut feeling that Pogacar should this week just close the gap to Roglic to within 4s and then just sit there lurking, without taking yellow. Then on Stage 19 he should launch an all out attack to take yellow and trust his TT abilities on stage 20.

Defending yellow for a prolonged time will be very difficult for him with two lieutenants out already.

Aag poef.

Weakening the support for Pogacar further.

It reiterates my gut feeling that Pogacar should this week just close the gap to Roglic to within 4s and then just sit there lurking, without taking yellow. Then on Stage 19 he should launch an all out attack to take yellow and trust his TT abilities on stage 20.

Defending yellow for a prolonged time will be very difficult for him with two lieutenants out already.

If anyone has to gonads to take on the challenge alone it’s this young man

If anyone has to gonads to take on the challenge alone it’s this young man

He definitely has the legs to pull it off as well.

I'm a Jumbo Visma fan, but the underdog element Pogacar is finding himself in is making me root for the kid big time.

Aru and Formolo abandoned now. Two very skilled sherpas for Pogačar out of the Tour and this will be a toughie as the weekend and week 3 approaches.

Teamwork becomes even more critical the deeper into the Tour it goes as the race intensity has been furious.

The gaps between 1st and 10th on GC is a mere 102 seconds.

Meanwhile, the rainbow jersey’s blog below ???? : :

https://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/mads-pedersen/mads-world-no-such-thing-as-a-rest-day/

Also, Froom Dawg’s view from his race in Italy ????

https://youtu.be/cw58ILEXsoU

Edited by 'Dale

Sam will have to look at picking up max points tomorrow..few chances again till almost Paris then.. its going to get tough if he wants to win it he will have to either stop Sagan and Trentin going in breaks or go with them.

[emoji6]

And as much as I want Sam to win it he is in general not as strong as Sagan as an all rounder [emoji85]

But come on Sam!

I'm willing to bet Irish cycling fans are going bos over Bennett's win today and I wouldn't blame them. A wonderful win for a wonderful athlete.

Within minutes I picked up the first post about it and the people are happy. They’ve been quite supportive every day already.

Within minutes I picked up the first post about it and the people are happy. They’ve been quite supportive every day already.

I can imagine. I just think back to the Hunter days and how proud we were of him. It must be pretty similar I'm sure.

In different Sam news. Sam Bewley of Mitchelton had to abandon today as well. 

Hilarious rest day banter and Tour inside goss featuring Impy with the usual suspects. 

I wonder how Podg will shape up in the 3rd week - he has been showing himself so far, which has been amazing to see, but its long steep road to Paris.

Compare say to Egan last year, he did not feature at all in the first two weeks, only later did he deliver the killah blow.

I'm willing to bet Irish cycling fans are going bos over Bennett's win today and I wouldn't blame them. A wonderful win for a wonderful athlete.

Indeed!

Edited by kosmonooit

i shall be wearing my AN POST jersey tomorrow as a proud lrishman...great day for irish cycling sport...Bennett grafted to this win...over the years had his doubts etc...a great day