• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprint jersey continues to be more exciting than the maglia rosa race

Seems I missed quite the stage.

[emoji102]

DQS really look like a team that have got it together I must say.

The others seem a bit more hit and miss at the moment.

DQS really look like a team that have got it together I must say.

The others seem a bit more hit and miss at the moment.

Stage wins and long stints in the GC jersey seem to be their modus operandi over the last few years!

The Wolf Pack is the 'fun' gt team. Their near 800 wins, almost 100 GC stage wins, 15 world champs etc just shows how much they focus on racing bikes. Not GC, not categories,  but wins.

The Wolf Pack is life......

Edited by Jewbacca

55rpm cadence up this climb!

No bike changes yet, all riders going for TT bikes and just grinding up the 1.1km climb.

A bit tricky with the Ca'del Poggio early on with 1 km at 12%. Not too long as well at 34 km, then again, rolling terrain.

Manage energy poorly and blow too soon. Manage energy too conservatively then lose the opportunity. A crazy fool would bet against the Italian and TT World Champ. 

The race of truth for the GC contenders. Gonna be interesting who's who in the wattage zoo after a cold, wet and testing week.

253c9646da5034d30a6fc27d911462da031f1123

Edited by 'Dale

Not a lot of time trial skills amongst the top 10 in GC.

Almeida, Bilbao and Kelderman are arguably the best amongst them.

Almeida with a solid ride there. He might be in Pink till the "end", with a fresh batch of Covid19 tests incoming after tomorrow.

They did a round of testing (not sure if it was all the teams or just those who had cases) Thursday and Friday..all negative.. ..Sunday evening and rest day another story of course [emoji3061]..let's hope for the best. Edited by Gen

Ganna looks as if he is from another planet.. Since Indurain and maybe Cancellara I have seen nothing like this. It is scary to think what he can still achieve across the different disciplines. The look of resignation afterwards on Rowan Dennis ' face ( who himself had a brilliant ride) said it all.