Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

What a farce! Breakaway up the road and now the peleton have decided not to ride.... riders not covering themselves in glory today!!

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, a large portion of the riders stood around without masks, but used “Covid” as the excuse not to ride ….[/size][/font][/color]

Yeah it seems almost as though they were just looking for a reason, any reason, to not do the ride.

I agree that this is not a win for the riders, not only does it just look poor but the organisers have said they will take it further at a later date too.

What a farce! Breakaway up the road and now the peleton have decided not to ride.... riders not covering themselves in glory today!!

I’ve switched over La Vuelta [emoji58]

Never seen so many people so but hurt about something, its just made the boring stage an hour shorter. 

Was dumb putting a 260km in last week of a stage race before a climbing day, its going to be a borefest. 

Never seen so many people so but hurt about something, its just made the boring stage an hour shorter. 

Was dumb putting a 260km in last week of a stage race before a climbing day, its going to be a borefest. 

They knew what the course was when they signed on.They are paid to ride their bikes.Thus the event is devalued.Pr*cks

Yeah, today was going to be WILD if it was the full length of boring.

Totally [emoji1]

To be honest I struggle on most flat days which is also happening at the Vuelta right now, so either way [emoji58]

They knew what the course was when they signed on.They are paid to ride their bikes.Thus the event is devalued.Pr*cks

I dont see how, its still a flat boring stage where nothing will happen, pro conti teams will get in break to be beaten on the line by the WT rider looking for a contract.

I'm just butthurt that the Giro and Vuelta thought it was ok to plan 2 flat days on the same day.... How dare they! 

THAT is unacceptable. The riders feeling that a 260km yawn fest in the wet, in week 3, is silly is 100% understandable in my books.

But in reality they raced what they raced, the narrow roads at the end were cool to watch and Cerny was great.

Campaenarts was also great to watch.... 

Tomorrow will be brutal. Sunday even better!

Go Giro!!!

Hindley ( Sunweb) had 3 options:

1. Work with Tao and opened up the gap on Kelderman in which case either Hindley or Tao would have been in pink today.

2. Wait on the top of the climb for Kelderman and work with him to try and reduce the gap on Tao

3. Follow Tao, make no contribution and go for the stage victory

Option 1 was probably a no- go as Kelderman was the protected and best placed rider, so the choice was between option 2 or 3.

We will know on Sunday whether option 3 was the best. (my own view is that it was).

4. Follow Tao, make no contribution and come second with some honour and not like a C@$%**(T.

I dont see how, its still a flat boring stage where nothing will happen, pro conti teams will get in break to be beaten on the line by the WT rider looking for a contract.

it was designed to be a flat boring stage 

4. Follow Tao, make no contribution and come second with some honour and not like a C@$%**(T.

Huh?

It's racing. It's not a kumbaya singalong at christian union camp.

Hindley was in a dream position and Tao found himself having everything to work for.

Racing is racing. Had he sat up and let Tao win that would have been even worse for racing. 

Racing. The optimal word.

I honestly don't know why everyone has their knickers in a knot. 

When a bunch of the toughest professional athletes in the world refuse to race 258 kms deep into week 3, just trust them. Nathan Haas, I think, was saying on a podcast that it took him several hours, with winter jacket and multiple layers of socks, to restore his core temperature after the last rainy stage.

Gotta love this pic capturing the multiple Grand Tour winner and the rookie in the Maglia Rosa.

Now to Milan! It'll be tense.

Pic credit @giroditalia

post-12015-0-81116700-1603475522_thumb.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

What he did was totally normal and TGH would of known it many many km out what was going to happen. He followed the move and sat on due to Wilco being GC leader. If the rolls were reversed TGH would of done the exact same. 

It was for Ineos to get rid of him which they didn't, they had a focus on making up time for TGH on Wilco and all other GC riders inside top 10. 

If you remember the win TGH had he sat behind the 2 x Sunweb riders and sprinted to the win. Same same.